The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

70 posts Page 2 of 5
Bloomin' 'eck - had to pull some reserve grey matter out for some of those :bugeyes: Think I may have been a bit too keen to get involved :oops: Anyway, it's all good for a laugh isn't it "Such fun!". Thanks @silverdarling for doing this for us - I may get splinters from scratching my head over these, but what the heck.... it keeps me away from the biscuit tin doesn't it! :clover:
It's really hard! I did ask my father in law (who still does the telegraph crossword every day at the age of 87)about a couple so that is technically cheating :shock: Sorry I needed to confess :oops: :oops:
Ok I've just put in my answers. I think I said pass a bit too much, 1930s general knowledge really isn't my thing. I hope you don't say who comes in last because I have a feeling it could be me. I hope to do better in later decades. Thanks for this. You never know I might learn something. :)
Dee
Well, I sent some replies!! Some I knew, some I guessed, some I passed...and some I've googled afterwards and know I got wrong!! :lol:
Have sent you mine. I warn you now - I'm really competitive!!!!
I've sent mine - a bit competitive too, but you say they are going to get harder - oh well, what the heck!!!!!
Oh. Only just seen the quiz questions. Sorry.

Mind you... Only knew the answer to one of them. (I think I know it)!!

Will try harder next time and get my PM in on time. !!! .. !!!

Lesley
lesley54 wrote: Oh. Only just seen the quiz questions. Sorry.

Mind you... Only knew the answer to one of them. (I think I know it)!!

Will try harder next time and get my PM in on time. !!! .. !!!

Lesley

Still time to have a go @lesley54 - they will be up until Sunday, or until everybody has sent answers :like:
rawkaren wrote: It's really hard! I did ask my father in law (who still does the telegraph crossword every day at the age of 87)about a couple so that is technically cheating :shock: Sorry I needed to confess :oops: :oops:

ooooooooh! Wet fish!

BANG!
Must have miss read. Thought it closed last Sunday. I will have a go and see if my one and only known answer is correct.

Thanks

Lesley
Hope your relatives have all got advanced degrees and are sober when they try!!
Heaven help us all when they get harder!!
Manderley wrote: Too exhausted right to go, read, concentrate, put my brain cells together and send answers after last night so will do tomorrow morning and report right after :wink:

Plenty of time @Manderley until Sunday if necessary :like:

Thanks to all those 15 who've sent answers so far - it's been interesting seeing them!!!!!
:geek: :bugeyes: :lol:

Wonder if brainpower / mental effort uses up calories, and if so, how many??? :lol: :wink:

@carorees ? Any info on this? :?:
annoyed with myself as i only saw this after it closed. So I`ve written my answers down and I`ll see if they are right later. I know the answers to 5, and have guessed the rest. It`s good practice for the pub quiz I usually go to on Sunday.Good idea silverdarling.Don`t know what is wrong with this post but computer says no!
I've clearly missed a trick here .... post 13/11 (today) until Sunday, but already closed :( :(
AnnieD wrote: I've clearly missed a trick here .... post 13/11 (today) until Sunday, but already closed :( :(

@AnnieD click on the link

chat-f12/crimble-quiz-round-1-1930s-t9575.html

:like: :victory: :cool:
70 posts Page 2 of 5