The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

37 posts Page 1 of 3
Confessions Tent
16 Nov 2014, 21:05
I can't believe we don't have a tatty old tent to go to to confess our naughtness :oops: .

Shall I start?

Today I ate the majority of a packet of M & M's . On the packet it says 'Share and enjoy with family and friends'. I bought them on Friday, hid them in my bedroom, ate a few yesterday and demolished the rest today. No-one else knows I had them and I ate them when no-one else was around. It was a 300g bag at 511cals per 100g, so I probably ate 1400 cals of M & M's in one day. Do I feel guilty? Do I heck, I enjoyed every mouth full :oops: :grin: :lol: .

Come on then, who is next in the confessions tent?
Re: Confessions Tent
16 Nov 2014, 21:24
There's a Temptations Tent: fastonbury-glamping-grounds-f34/the-temptation-tent-please-form-an-orderly-queue-xx-t10148.html?hilit=tempted

No confessions as yet - but as this is my the beginning of my 4th Winter as a faster I'm waiting for the shoe to drop and for this to happen at some point. :oops:
16 Nov 2014, 21:25
We all do it! Today I have had the most almighty Roast dinner with about 5 Roast potatoes. I feel very full which perhaps I wouldn't have felt so much before starting IF (still a newbie) . Normally I would have polished off a bottle of wine, some crisps and a pudding so, actually it was quite restrained of me :razz:
16 Nov 2014, 21:29
Hi WM! Good for you,as long as you enjoyed them,and long as you don't do it every day!
And why shouldn't you have a treat all to yourself? M n Ms are lovely,ditto Skittles and Rolos and Tutti Fruttis...and a secret treat is all the more fun! Teehee!
As for me, i wouldnt even know where to start..been grazing and snacking like mad ..making family birthdays the excuse! I am out of control,too bad even for THIS tent! My chimps have gone bananas!
I need to read my Chimp Paradox book and find some motivation in there i hope.
My confession.. i am on a long slippery downward slide! X
17 Nov 2014, 05:12
@CandiceMarie, this sounds like a cry for help! What's going on? How come? Is this emotional? Or is it fasting fatigue? How can you rein it in? Are you trying too hard and then rebelling? I don't want you to fall in a heap! Tell us what's going on!
17 Nov 2014, 08:14
Hi @sallyo x thanks for your support X
i WAS trying too hard then rebelling but now i just seem to have lost all motivation.. I can tell myself all about all the IF benefits til I' m blue in the face,but right now it makes no difference!
I have the book The Chimp Paradox,so i need to read it and get my Chimp sorted out! ..taking it a day at a time at the moment..not much food in the house right now,so hoping i can do aMonday fast n repair day X
17 Nov 2014, 08:17
@CandiceMarie, so what's happening? Can't you do the fasts? Do you end up eating more than 500 on your fast days? What's the danger period? When you say you've lost motivation, do you mean you don't care if your put on weight?
17 Nov 2014, 08:48
Hi @sallyoSept - Dec 2013 went well,losing two stone after an initial five weeks of no change.
This year's been difficult, i've struggled all the time. I know IF works if you stick to it, i have every faith in it,but i've lost faith in my ability to do it and right now I' m just bored with the whole caboodle!
Used to find fasting difficult,then it got easy, but nonfast days got difficult..now its ALL difficult!
I do care about gaining weight but not enough right now to pull it all back into focus.
Attempting a fast today even if only to rest my tum after more than a week of celebrating two birthdays.
My horse has been in her field nibbling the grass and taking it easy ! Need to go out and get her saddled up :lol: xx
17 Nov 2014, 09:57
@CandiceMarie I know EXACTLY how you feel. for the last 3 weeks that is what has happened to me. I have completely lost the motivation for this. I want it badly but its just become really, really hard. On fast days I get soooooo hungry and feed days I just eat and eat and eat....
I have never found the fast days easy like most on here have said but I did them regardless and most times I would do LOF. However, three weeks ago I started on a downward spiral and my feed days are the same eat, eat, eat... and my fast days are like "Oh gosh can't wait for this day to be over"....
We need to exam what has really happened to make us this negative and fight to get back in the game. Giving up is NOT an option i want to be thin am so sick of being fat.
I have eaten a 200g bar of Cadbury chocolate and a big bag of crips, slice after slice of bread with peanut, butter, jam and cheese, loads of alcohol and anything else I can get my hands on, on EVERY feed day I have had for the last 2 weeks.... thats my confession :oops: .
17 Nov 2014, 10:18
Snap its about 2-3 weeks ago I just lost the plot on non fast days....looking at the calendar this is when the clocks changed in the UK wonder if that has anything to do with it ?

I blew my Friday fast which is the first time I have done that but I was feeling really cold and shaky and then on Saturday ate a family size bag of BBQ corn chips ( damn you Philieas Fogg !!) that I really didn't need ...and I just can't seem to get it together on non fast days hence trying to count cals to TDEE ...but I shouldn't be like this after only a couple of months .
Got a lot of stress at work at the moment which isn't helping and I think the short cold permanently wet days just make you feel so fed up you just cant be bothered to do the things your head tells you you should ....
I don't want salad I want door steps of cheese on toast and someone to pat me on the head and make the stress go away :shame:
17 Nov 2014, 10:22
Thanks@skinnyli i feel for you - tho its comforting to know others are in the same boat,so it's not just me.
I think the reasons behind our feelings/ behaviour are probably too complex to be summed up in a few sentences.
I hate it that i feel so negative,and i don't really like to talk about it on here coz i don't want to discourage any newbies...but i have to be honest and its what is happening to me!
Thanks for responding,we're not alone,and others are struggling too,(hi @redrobin x ) after doing well for a while.
We mustnt beat ourselves up over it coz that just adds to the stress x :confused:
17 Nov 2014, 10:59
Hi to all those who posted in this tent. :smile:
Living in Australia, our seasons are reverse.. I find that the lead up to Autum is when I need to just continually eat for about 2-3 weeks. Then like majic that desire goes. I tell myself that it is time to add the winter insulation to my body. Do you think that this is what is happening with our bodies and mind?
We all digress at times.
Maybe put yourself into someone elses shoes and say I am (so and so) who has no problems following 5:2 AND today it is 5:2 day. Because I am (so and so) I will succeed. I am not (myself). :wink:
Good luck everyone with IF
tenshi :angel:
17 Nov 2014, 11:34
Hi @tenshi you made me smile with yr " put yrself in someone else's shoes"... This is quite a good trick! Years ago,i worked in an office with a woman who was very dynamic,and whenever me and my friend had a difficult problem,we'd say to each other," what would Anne Jones ( not her real name) do?" And it really did help! X
17 Nov 2014, 12:48
@CandiceMarie, @RedRobin, @skinnyli, @wildmissus - I totally empathise.

When I was going thru a bad patch, struggling to fast and feeling hungry all the time and overeating, carorees suggested I take a break from fasting, reintroduce brekkie of fat/protein/ slow release carbs, eat slightly over TDEE and see if I could break the pattern. It worked for me. I think I went a bit over a week without fasting and then the wish to fast came back, and I have been pretty right ever since.

So perhaps make a conscious decision to take a break from fasting, but be mindful of your intake, and see what happens. And certainly don't beat yourself up over the past.

And maybe it is your body preparing for winter and the need to indulge will pass of its own accord!

Best wishes and good luck for finding a way forward that works for you. :)

Re my own confessions, I still have days where I overeat chocolate, sometimes crisps, sometimes an assortment of foods (you know, something sweet, then something salty, then something fruity, and then repeat the patten...) but am fortunate that I do feel like fasting after that.
17 Nov 2014, 13:30
Thanks@Sassy1 you make a lot of sense
Today i am "half " fasting i.e., doing my usual fastday mid afternoon cuppasoup,and dinner of scrambled eggs,but allowing self more cals if i need them,long as i keep under 1000 and still have the basic fastday framework, i think i can do it..so will be a 16:8 low cal day x
Am sure these colder darker days don't help matters as several people have suggested x
Very grateful for the support x
37 posts Page 1 of 3