The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

37 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Confessions Tent
21 Nov 2014, 19:58
Draw a line under today@KateKat tomorrow is another chance to have a better day!
AB@AzureBlue an Angel Festival! Wd love to go to one!
@janeg mmmmmmm....mmmmmmarzipan..how gorgeous xx! :lol:
16 Dec 2014, 16:13
I can't believe than no-one has been bad since 21Nov. Come on, own up. I'm low carb at the moment so my weakness is butter or coconut oil on everything. When my mum switched from spread to butter her cholesterol level came down substantially. I'm a butter fan but a calorie is still a calorie in my book! Sorry maybe I should have posted on the butter thread. I won't get you started on the coconut oil again but that thread is good too. :razz:
18 Dec 2014, 22:17
Nuts are my downfall. I bought a load for xmas but seem to have made quite a dent in the cache already :oops:
18 Dec 2014, 22:39
carorees wrote: Nuts are my downfall. I bought a load for xmas but seem to have made quite a dent in the cache already :oops:

Preserve me from pistachios in the shell - the only thing that slows me is having to shuck the shells. :oops: I've spent a lot of this week soaking, skinning, and then dehydrating nuts again for various recipes. The good thing is that I'm not at all attracted to damp nuts and I delegate the task of cooling then tubbing up the dried nuts to my DH. I then manage to ignore them until I cook/bake with them - and then they have to be cooled, packed, and given away, very quickly.
18 Dec 2014, 23:44
I must admit that some stollen bites, biscuits and nuts which were purchased for Xmas have mysteriously disappeared.............
19 Dec 2014, 09:37
Roasted, unsalted pistachios,are my vice, @ssure. I can only stop eating them when I get to the end of the bag, or the end of my eating window!

My best option was to buy from Aldi, because the bags were quite small, but they haven't had any for ages. Next up is Asda, but when that fails the fall-back is Lidl. Their bags are so big, I daren't start eating pistachios until 10 minutes before window closing time, and it is amazing how my usually unskilled hands can open so many shells and convey them to my mouth!

The silly thing is, I keep telling myself that walnuts or brazils are a more nutritious option, but somehow they are far less appealing than pistachios, or hazelnut butter.
19 Dec 2014, 14:33
The pistachios are roasted and salted, have you tried roasted and salted walnuts, brazils and other nuts @barbarita? I buy them mixed, very moreish. Ooh you've started me off now, I'm just off shopping and now they are on my list - not for today though as I'm fasting.
37 posts Page 3 of 3