The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

374 posts Page 3 of 25
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25 Next
Re: Fastiversary Tent
22 Feb 2014, 08:38
Sorry I missed your six month fastiversary yesterday @CandiceMarie, so belated congratulations and well done on coming so far and losing so much! :like: :victory: :heart:
22 Feb 2014, 09:10
Thanks @callyanna ...onwards and downwards! X
@Julianna life ' s too short to stuff a mushroom is from the 70s and a book called Superwoman by Shirley Conran which was a sort of domestic goddess/ organise your life encyclopaedia, which was my Bible in my " trying to be Maryann Goodwife" phase!
Ironically Shirley Conran for all her 'organise yourself' tips ( or maybe coz of it) sadly went on to suffer from CFS/ ME,as did I ! X
@AnnieD enjoy your meal! X
image.jpg
~ Have a great weekend! ~
22 Feb 2014, 09:57
@CandiceMarieWow thanks for the concise reply to my question. I have heard of Shirley Conran but not sure if I've read her books. Will look into it. Like her already.
Xxx
22 Feb 2014, 09:59
PS..please keep posting your beautiful attachments CM. I just love them and they make me so happy.
22 Feb 2014, 12:45
Glad you like them @Julianna! Here's one just for you x its a shame coz ive some lovely animated ones but they don't animate on here ( why not? :frown: )
Shirley was married to designer Terence Conran and son Jasper Conran is a designer too! X
image.jpg
~ Just for Julianna ~ x
26 Feb 2014, 04:57
So, today is my fastiversary YAY 

And how glad am I to be here 1 year on. 

This time last year, in the middle of the night I was having trouble sleeping, worried about my weight & how to take back control.  I'd bought the dukan books but was totally uninspired :(

Through a site called Angloinfo (for expats) I saw a reference to 5:2 & then I found this site.

EUREKA !

When my OH woke up I excitedly told him about it. We planned for a bit, to set thing up for a win, and 5 days later I started ly new WOL.

In the early days I struggled a little & had to drink huge volumes of water to get through the day.  I realised early on that I was short-tempered by the end of the day so Fast days were carefully planned around situations where it would be a BAD idea to be irritable (important meetings etc)

I was really totally classic - I fasted 2 days a week (Monday & Thursday, except if I needed to change for the above-mentionned reasons) eating my 500cals only in the evening .... and I lost the 'average' 1lb a week, so 6 months later I was at target weight.  I've lost nearly 14kg = just over 2st have a healthy BMI ....... AND I HAVE NEVER FELT BETTER :) :)

Since then I've maintained by always having my fast days as an option but only using them if I have to.

I'm a daily weigher & I think I will be for the rest of my life ..... if I want to stay in control then I have to take control!

So here I am, one full year later & after 6 months as a mainteneer I'm still at target :) :)
A total of 72 fasts - at (let's say) 1000 calories less on each fast day .... well it's not surprising that I've lost weight with 72000 calories less!

And .... I couldn't have done it without 5:2 & I MOST CERTAINLY couldn't have done it without this forum 

TEAMWORK - thank you Moogie & thank you all fellow forum members :heart: :heart: :heart:
26 Feb 2014, 05:27
Happy Fastiversary AnnieD :like: and to all the others who have celebrated.

My Fastiversary would have been about the 18th-20th Feb. I started 2013 feeling fat and slobby, knowing I had to do SOMETHING to reverse the slow weight gain of the previous couple of years. I was still doing loads of exercise, so knew it was my diet that had to change. I started on the 1st of Jan calorie counting. It was excrutiating, but I managed to drop a few kgs over the month and a half I did that. So hard to do and of course impossible to keep up. Then I stumbled across this forum one evening, and did my first fast the next day. Haven't looked back :grin: it was a way of eating that immediately clicked with me. I'm 11kg lighter now than I was 1 Jan last year. :cool: Definitely taking the scenic route, but it's very pleasant this way.

So massive thank you to this forum, to Moogie, and everyone here who has inspired me along the way.
27 Feb 2014, 15:16
:heart: Belated happy fastiversary @AnnieD Sorry i missed this I could kick myself because I knew you was due
I'm sure you've had a great year. :heart: Sue
28 Feb 2014, 21:27
Belated anniv congratulations @AnnieD! :like: :like: :like:
And to all others celebrating..well done! X
01 Mar 2014, 16:09
julianna wrote: PS..please keep posting your beautiful attachments CM. I just love them and they make me so happy.

:heart: Love them all @CandiceMarie every time I switch on either you or @nursebean has made a change or two wish
I was as clever as both of you. :heart: Sue
01 Mar 2014, 16:21
Happy belated Fastiversaries to @KataMac and @AnnieD...sorry I missed them at the time. Congratulations to everyone who has stayed with the forum and this WOE for a WHOLE year! Yay! :victory:
01 Mar 2014, 16:59
Happy Fastiversary @annied and @katamac :like: . Sorry I missed the actual dates.

It is great that so many of us are still here 12 months on :smile:
02 Mar 2014, 01:24
I think its wonderful so many still here a year on,and so useful to look back and see the journey they have made xx
Do we actually have an idea of how much has been lost overall since this forum started .
image.jpg
You are all Winners by being Losers! X
(32.33 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
02 Mar 2014, 02:36
Happy fastiversary AnnieD and KataMac and here's to another year of good health.
Xxx
03 Mar 2014, 14:10
Just wanted to add to my fastiversary report as I had some blood work done very recently. Not that I had any problems before, except maybe a bit risen levels of LDL and not such a great HDL to LDL. This time round my results were "perfect" as the doc said. From what I can remember they have checked on the thyroid, liver, kidney functions, sugar levels, blood lipids, cholesterol and some vitamin levels (D, B12, and other from B group). I'm very happy with that :smile:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25 Next
374 posts Page 3 of 25