The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

374 posts Page 5 of 25
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25 Next
Re: Fastiversary Tent
09 Mar 2014, 23:46
Congrats to both of you WJ and GM you are both mainstays of the forum - don't think of going anywhere we need you here! :heart: :heart:
09 Mar 2014, 23:55
Congratulations, @gillymary! I could identify with a lot of what you just said, except that "bulletproof" coffee will never strike me as anything other than gross! :grin:
I am assembling my picture post this afternoon - should be up soon!
10 Mar 2014, 00:15
@Silverdarling I am here for a while as still have a goal to reach. And I forgot to say I eat more chocolate

@wendyjane I actually look forward to my bullet coffee and I have tweaked the formula to my tastes and have less butter, and do also add cream and coconut oil but it kills my appetite and that means I have 4 hours where I don't think of food fluids and that takes me over the hump of the long stretch towards end of the fasting day. Never would have thought I could stomach it but truly it is lovely now

Looking forward to your photos, woohoo
10 Mar 2014, 00:17
Happy Fastiversary to @gillymary And also @Wendyjane well done both of you. :heart: Sue
11 Mar 2014, 09:49
Can't believe I can be posting in the Fastiversary tent!
But here I am, 102 fast days later, two stone lighter and 4 inches smaller around the waist...
It hasn't all been going swimmingly since I hit my original target in November, but I think the fastiversary is about celebration, so...
I do feel pleased with myself for doing this, and thrilled with the result.
Before losing weight, when I looked in the mirror, my face didn't look like me, which I just thought was what happened when you get older. But now I see me again. :grin:
I can walk up hills more quickly, and it's easier to bend over and put shoes on! (I'm an apple shape) And I'm now below the magic 50% waist:height ratio.
This site has been so helpful, I'm not sure I would have stuck with the 5:2 without it. @Moogie, a huge thank you, and thank you too to all the members whose contributions and success stories I read avidly as inspiration.
So if you are reading this for motivation, keep going, if I can do this, so can you! :clover:
11 Mar 2014, 11:48
IT"S MY FASTIVERSARY! Sorry for shouting, but I am amazed to be here!

Thank you to everyone on here for all the support and guidance and friendship :) It's really helped, and sorry, but I don't think you'll be getting rid of me!
11 Mar 2014, 16:43
Happy Fastiversary to @Annurca And @Doodle
Well done to both of you what a difference a year makes to us thanks to this WOL. :heart: Sue
11 Mar 2014, 16:53
Congratulations from me too to @Annurca and @Doodle. What an achievement for both of you! :victory: :victory: :victory: :like: :like: :heart: :heart:
12 Mar 2014, 18:24
It's not by Fasterversary but my Forumversary! I can't believe that I have been doing this for over one year! Although I don't always join in I have learnt so much from so many other 5:2ers on this forum.
Last year I was nearly three stones heavier in January and I read an article about 5:2, got the book and thought that I could do it. I have been on a plateau since November, going up and down through the same pounds but this forum kept me going, from Ballerina's musings, Fat Dog recipes, Pennyforthem's descriptions of her chutneys plus loads of others .. too many to mention. Although I am not at my goal yet and have a long way to go I know that with other 'weight loss' programmes I would have regained all the weight whereas I'm still nearly 3 stones lighter! RESULT :smile:
I'm not techie enough to do avatars, pictures, even the bit at the bottom where others have put inspirational words but they have all helped to keep me going.
12 Mar 2014, 19:50
Happy Anniversary @hilaryjaneWell done on sticking with this WOL I agree totally this forum does keep us going at the most vulnerable times especially the dreaded plateau!!!!
I'm still not back to my early Dec weight yet I keep bouncing 2kg over + over and its becoming very hard to keep focused I'm really pleased to have done 2 great fasts this week but 2meals out maybe a step to far but as I'm not getting on the scales until good Fri and unlikely to meet my Easter challenge and as we've both still got a way to travel and with the forum behind us and this amazing WOL which we know works for us let's stick with it and make it happen. :heart: Sue

Edit to add:: the fiddly bits you're on about if I can anyone can coz I'm thick!!!
13 Mar 2014, 11:52
Well done @Doodle and @Annurca and @hilaryjane on becoming fully paid up members of this very special Tent! X
13 Mar 2014, 12:14
Thanks for your words of encouragement SueQ. and CandiceMarie. I haven't set an Easter challenge as I'm off on holiday for two weeks prior to Easter! Consequently it will be a relaxed 16:8 from the beginning of April. BUT I would like to get into the next stone lower before I go.. I have been tantalizingly close (only 1/2 pound away) and six pounds away in the last two weeks. I'm just sticking at it, reading the forum for inspiration and also hope that a stress less holiday may kick start something? :?:
13 Mar 2014, 19:21
Thank you @CandiceMarie :) I may not be a prolific poster, but I do my best! :bugeyes:
19 Mar 2014, 08:55
Happy Fastiversary @JuliannaYou've come a long way in the year well done. :rose: :rose: Sue :rose: :rose: :rose:
19 Mar 2014, 09:29
Well done@julianna !
Congratulations on your fastiversary! X X
image.jpg
(34.16 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25 Next
374 posts Page 5 of 25