The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

374 posts Page 21 of 25
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 Next
Re: Fastiversary Tent
21 Aug 2014, 15:34
Just want to echo what everyone else has said,Karen..you write so eloquently and well and are by no means a fraud..you try and try and keep on trying..in a hundred and one ways that have never entered my head ( e.g., amino acid therapy)
I empathise totally with yr struggles and i applaud you for how you keep on keeping on!
And like Bal @Ballerina says,you always look so great! So pretty and well groomed! :like: so don't for one moment think of leaving us, coz you are a very valued member and role model here. X
21 Aug 2014, 15:43
I'm a complete newcomer but nobody has to be here very long to spot how supportive, uplifting and helpful your posts are.

As with the others, I applaud your perseverance during a period of your life with simultaneous stressors in so many areas of your life.

You've given a thoughtful, thought-provoking, clear-eyed, eloquent testimony of your experiences during a time that would have seen many people run screaming for the hills and, in addition, through the seismic shift of menopause that can swaddle the most disciplined/self-abnegating woman in her own fat suit.

You seem to have gained some health improvements from fasting. If weight management through fasting is not right for you at this point in your life, there seems no reason to believe that this is permanent. You may well find in a few months, a year or more, that this is just the right time for you to adopt the fasting schedule again because it's a good way to manage maintenance.

Best wishes for your return visit to the UK, time with your family, and some peace of mind with a good WOE for you. :clover:
21 Aug 2014, 16:42
@rawkaren, there are a few people here whom I find totally inspirational in the face of great odds.
You are one and @Debs is another.
I'd have thrown in the towel long ago. I look forward to your second fastiversary post and am hoping that things in your life have settled down and you are, once again, finding your fasting mojo. Hugs.
21 Aug 2014, 18:23
{{{+}}} big hugs @rawkaren, it's been a year and three-quarters for you. It's all been said so :like: :clover: :lol: :wink: keep going m'dear x
21 Aug 2014, 19:45
I'm one of the lucky people to have actually met Karen and can confirm what Ballerina has said that Karen is a truly gorgeous person both inside and out. I have followed your trials and tribulations with interest and concern over the last year and can only marvel at how you have managed to hang on in there with all the issues you had to face. I just want to wish you every happiness with whatever way of eating you decide is best for you and to let you know that you will always have our support and friendship on this forum. Much love, Carol x
21 Aug 2014, 19:48
Words totally fail me Karen. Auriga x
21 Aug 2014, 20:49
Surely a post that make you think in many ways. Thanks for sharing it.
Makes you realise how lucky some of us are to always see immediate results and how things can be different in other circumstances.

rawkaren wrote: I stopped updating my tracker, felt ashamed and a fraud for being on this site and cut back on my contributions. I had stopped welcoming people in the spring because I felt I was a poor example.

As others have said: you can be a role model in many different ways and you are surely one in many ways, including how to cope with difficulties that can be encountered on the fasting journey. I would say that is more valuable as an inspiring example than some who is lucky enough to fast without any problems and stress.
Hope the next year will be much more relaxed and successful. You truly deserve it!
21 Aug 2014, 22:22
Hey @rawkaren - sending you a huge virtual ((((((((hug))))))))

I think you were the first person to welcome me onto the forum back in December last year, so I have always been grateful to you and very interested in what you have to say. Dear girl, I have one word for you: slack......as in, cut yourself some.

You don't need me to tell you what you have been through this past year. It would have tried the patience of a saint, quite frankly, and it would be easy for you to have ballooned....which you haven't . To get to the end of your first year, after all the various stresses you have had, is a minor miracle in itself....so I am clapping you on the back right now!

Life will surely smooth out a bit sometime soon and one thing's for sure - you know yourself best of all, so you must absolutely do whatever works for you.

You are no fraud - you are honest, helpful, friendly and giving. Your post was so raw and my heart absolutely goes out to you. So glad you are sticking with the forum. Take all the time you need, as everyone will still be here.....but don't be a stranger.

Take care of yourself xx

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
21 Aug 2014, 22:49
Hi everyone. Thank you all for your loving comments. Once again I'm in an airport lounge checking in with everyone here. I neglected to share with you that being here on this forum has been one of my lifelines whilst I have been leading a nomadic existence. Always someone around to get advice from, share tips and have a good laugh with too. It's like my friends are with me all the time and I have been truly grateful for that whilst I have been starting over making new friends here in California.

I'm excited to be coming back to Europe for just over 3 weeks (4 weekends). I gather it's cold in England so I'm prepared! A wedding to go to on Saturday so will send you some pics.

Thank you all once again and I'm not going anywhere right now. Hope my second fastiversary is a blindingly positive report :heart: :heart: :heart:
21 Aug 2014, 23:58
So glad you're staying with us, Karen. Your posts are among those I most look forward to--I find them so inspirational and informative.

May you find everything better in this next year. :heart: :heart: :heart:
22 Aug 2014, 00:35
What an amazing post, Karen. I am sorry that your life has been so stressful this past year. I hope things are settling down. And congrats on getting your BP and joint pain under control.

I do worry that sometimes we are too reluctant here on this forum to admit that this diet/WOE is not for everyone. Thank you for a courageous and honest self-assessment. I'm glad you plan to keep coming here! It's such a warm, friendly, and helpful place and you are definitely part of that!
22 Aug 2014, 02:13
Oh dear, what to say that hasn't already been said now that. I have stopped snivelling and blown my nose (sounds of nasal blasts set off the seismic counters nearby). I really understand where you are at the moment, and yes, stress seems to be a common factor for those of us who are struggling to lose weight.
Thank you for such an honest and heartfelt post which said much of what I feel about posting on here whilst not being one of those success stories. And like you, this forum is a lifeline while I am living my nomadic life away from home too.
I really hope things do get easier for you in the short term, there will be a way through it, just hang in there. You have to have a will of iron to do what you are doing and I certainly know you are one tough lady wearing the pink stilettos!
Love Deb
22 Aug 2014, 02:57
Wow Judith well done

Dear Karen well done to you too. Understand it has been exceptionally hard what with all your major changes, living between two countries and other worry and stresses. You are an inspiration. It's the keeping on keeping on that is a big key to ongoing health so please don't take a back seat as you have well and truly earned your award and an important place here on the forum and glam pink high heels to boot. With style too! We need your spirit and I agree with what has been said when less stressed all will fall into place for you.

You inspire us with your recipes and blog too
22 Aug 2014, 05:00
Dear Karen

Thanks for sharing more about your situation over the past year.

So many wise and thoughtful words have already been said - and not just here but in many places on this forum. I think that is one of the reasons so many of us stick around. :) I have benefited a lot from the various perspectives members bring to all situations.

I can only echo what others have said, that you HAVE done marvellously and please stay on the forum whatever you decide to do fasting-wise.

Best wishes :D
23 Aug 2014, 06:46
Should have popped in here on Tuesday to bag a seat. Today being my 8 months of Fast-5ing reminded me.

Thinking ahead to the challenges of Year 2: Fasting is a piece of cake; it's the pieces of cake that are the problem! Notes to self: Eat Within Five Consecutive Hours does not mean have a 5-hour all you can eat buffet every day, and winter is not an excuse to hibernate. OK, out of bed, washed and dressed and on yer bike.
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 Next
374 posts Page 21 of 25