The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

91 posts Page 4 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
After being inspired by this thread I made yoghurt. Yay it worked, pretty easy too. So I now have to figure out my next challenge :?:
For those not in Australia, Costa is a brilliant TV gardener celebrity.

from his facebook..

tell me this wont ever happen and that anyone here would buy one of these packaged foods.

talk about Not making it from scratch (you need facebook to see comments)

https://www.facebook.com/CostasWorld/ph ... =3&theater

as he says in post

When did the task of boiling an egg and peeling it need to be outsourced and then re wrapped in plastic.

Three minutes, hot water and 30 seconds to remove natures packaging or a factory, OH&S, WH&S ,industrial health sanitising, plastic wrap machinery, trucks, refrigeration,distribution ....what are we thinking???

1794511_589991074424492_1079257096_n.jpg
ready to eat eggs omg
Wineoclock wrote: I'm sprouting

fantastic wineoclock thats great. what sprouts are showing in the picture. '

in my fridget at moment is a huge container of crunchy sprouts. ready for my chicken stir fry tonight

i now sprout as my "daily routine" like my weighing. wake up each morning, put water on the sprouts, and then do that 3 times a day till ready. too easy.
There's snowpea in one then the other two are a mix - mung bean, broccoli, kale, lentil and lots more I don't remember. I got the kit from Flower Power. I sowed them all at once but next time will do them a day or two apart. How long do they last in the fridge. Juliana?
Anyone tried their own pizza bases. this my OH stumbled on today... and wants us to try it. (not on a fast day of course) :oops:

2 ingredients!

http://www.kidspot.com.au/best-recipes/Budget+23/2-ingredient-pizza-dough-recipe+2760.htm
Wineoclock wrote: There's snowpea in one then the other two are a mix - mung bean, broccoli, kale, lentil and lots more I don't remember. I got the kit from Flower Power. I sowed them all at once but next time will do them a day or two apart. How long do they last in the fridge. Juliana?

I find i need to eat them within say 3 to 4 days. they start to look a bit wilted and sad after.
Juliana.Rivers wrote: Anyone tried their own pizza bases. this my OH stumbled on today... and wants us to try it. (not on a fast day of course) :oops:

2 ingredients!

http://www.kidspot.com.au/best-recipes/Budget+23/2-ingredient-pizza-dough-recipe+2760.htm

We used to make pizza like that with my mum when I was little, it's fine (especially if you oil the tray well so that it's nice and crispy) but I usually make it with yeast now.

I make my own nut milks, my favourite low-cost one is peanut milk, and the one I love is cashew nut milk, but that's only for special occasions. Hazelnut milk is also lovely. I use the pulp left over in muffins, biscuits etc.
I make my own vegan mayo, and dairy-free spread from olive oil, and this year my dad bought me a book about making dairy-free cheeses for Christmas, but he forgot to bring it with him so it's still in the UK. When I get it I plan on trying to make vegan cheese because I've never liked the ones you can buy in the shops so I think I might be able to do better myself!
We make our own a lot, just did tonight. But then we have a wood fire pizza oven so it would be wrong not to.
Wineoclock wrote: We make our own a lot, just did tonight. But then we have a wood fire pizza oven so it would be wrong not to.

Oh, I'm quite jealous now.......want one....oven that is although a pizza would be welcome :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
Juliana, your recipe with flour amd yoghurt looks like the dough I've made for gozlemes,, I'm sure it will work great for pizza. Let's face it- anything with tomato sauce and cheese baked in the oven will smell and taste amazing!
@Ballerina, the pizza oven is brilliant. For Christmas we did an overnight slow roast of pork shoulder. I must admit this is hubby's domain, mine is the indoor cooking.
Anyone tried their own pizza bases. this my OH stumbled on today... and wants us to try it. (not on a fast day of course)

2 ingredients!

Hi Juliana

I've got a similar recipe on my blog:

http://nobreadisanisland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/cheese-and-tomato-pizza-with-soda-bread.html

…only using water instead of yoghurt. Since the chemicals in the s/r flour begin to produce CO2 as soon as they come in contact with water, I recommend getting the dough rolled out and on the baking tray as soon as possible. 5 or 6 kneading actions are all I recommend.

This is a good pizza base in its own right - its not a substitute for a yeast-risen base, IMO! :smile:
[quote="Juliana.Rivers"]Anyone tried their own pizza bases. this my OH stumbled on today... and wants us to try it. (not on a fast day of course) :oops:

Hi Juliana,here is the pizza dough recipe we use. Its a bit of work and an overnight proof but it is more than worth it.

http://www.goodfood.com.au/lifestyle/cu ... 27o3v.html

Oh and dont worry about the stone-ground flour bit, we use bread flour.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
91 posts Page 4 of 7