The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

91 posts Page 5 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Just had my first go at making Almond milk. I used 110g almonds and about 700 mls water. I thought I read somewhere that volume of almonds to water should be 7:1. I think mine was about 4:1 - I thought I could always 'thin it down' if necessary. However it seems more watery than the bought stuff - I haven't tasted much because I am fasting. Any comments? Also does anyone have a figure for the calorie count - I presume it depends on what proportions you have used
20140616_085251 (Mobile).jpg
The elderflower champagne is coming along nicely
20140616_085251 (Mobile).jpg (40.91 KiB) Viewed 637 times

:like: :lol: :drink:
Nice!
Knitted myself a new phone sock from an odd ball of wool I had. It is eyelash wool, dark brown with gold flecks. Looks rather good and I bet no one else has one the same!
Two pots of homemade summer fruits jam are ready to go to the teachers on Monday, as a "thank you" for the year. Kids did some fruit prep and stirring (before it git to boiling!). They will make labels tomorrow. Im feeling smug about it!

@Lil, I love elderflower. We made cordial last year....mmmmm. it is surprisingly good with coriander!
I made a skirt yesterday afternoon using the "5 minute skirt" tutorial. It needs a bit of tweaking, but will have another go at it later!
I need a kick up the bum to make a "sleeping sock" for my daughter. I have the fabric, I have an over locker, but I've not got the inclination :frown: I think I'm lazy :wink:
I'm back on my hooking! I've had a few posts show up in my fb newsfeed about how amazingly quick crochet v stitch blankets make up.
I've started one for Cyril as I think every camper deserves their own blanket!
I will post a pic of progress so far tomorrow so you can see the colours :smile:
It's kept my hands busy whilst the footballs been on so that I haven't needed to munch from boredom! :wink:
I keep procrastinating about making my giant crochet hook. I have a pile of old t'shirts I want to cut into strips and make into a crochet rug. For that you really need a 1 inch diameter crochet hook, so instead of buying one, I'm going to be making one. I may have a go at making some giant knitting needles too (you knit with rope or ripped up sheets or multiple strands of knitting wool, a very fast way to use up all those odds and ends and you get a very colourful rug out of it too).
Oooh now there is an idea Julie. Am currently sorting through old duvet sets and I have a big pair of needles! I am knitting a sock for my new kindle OH bought me....sort of old meets new!
image.jpg
Cyril's blanket

This is the blanket I've started xxx :heart: xxx
Julie, if you succeed, would you consider making them for sale? I too am saving old t-shirts for rug making and have often looked at the giant crochet hooks. I'd much prefer a handmade wooden one to a yucky plastic thing.
Like the pic @karenm!
Cyril is a very lucky van! X
Phew-eeee, I have been a busy bee. I am off to see my mum at the end of the week. My sis will be home from abroad too. As I am now a SAHM, who previously would burn lettuce, I decided to dazzle them with my newly found skills. So I have spend most of today, and much of the previous days, making stuff. Fridge now contains my little homemade hamper if goodies:
lemon curd
meadowsweet cordial
Summer fruits and Hennessy jam
peanut butter fudge This came outa bit too soft. Hopefully time in the fridge will work.
And a ballerina birthday cake, for my 4yo niece. With the cake off cuts I will make cake pops tomorrow, once I begin the frosting/cake decoration.

That kept me busy on my fast day!
scubachick wrote: peanut butter fudge This came outa bit too soft. Hopefully time in the fridge will work

As an update, this fudge recepie didnt even set in the freezer overnight. :frown: I will try this Mary Berry recepie next time.

@Lil, now that the elderflower season is over, have your tried meadowsweet? Here is an interesting looking meadowsweet champagne recepie
scubachick wrote: As an update, this fudge recepie didnt even set in the freezer overnight. :frown: I will try this Mary Berry recepie next time.

I am now blaming @scubachick for the Mary berry link. I haven't baked for years, but I've now got a list :wink:
Hubby reckons we need to get a Christmas cake started. Any good recipes peoples? :?:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
91 posts Page 5 of 7