The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

32 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: The Beauty Tent!
12 Apr 2014, 12:45
gillymary wrote: Body shop products became my saviour a few years ago as my skin was reacted to most other brands. I use hand made soaps with essential oils and still must have skin cream. My skin is very itchy lately so need to rethink things. Will try the Akin rose hip oil thanks.

Have been thinking I might be due to have some long baths with some Epsom salts.,feeling a pamper session or two coming on, thanks for the jolt

Go out and buy yourself some gorgeous smelling essential oils to add to the Epsom salts and you will indeed be pampered :)
12 Apr 2014, 13:27
Oh I love this sort of thing!!! I had a major Lush addiction about 10 years ago, but the prices rose so high in the US (easily double the UK prices) that I lost interest.

For skincare I tend to use Boots No7 Protect and Perfect or, when I can get it, Avene Ystheal antirides. My favorite eye cream is by Estee Lauder and it comes in a tiny brown jar and it's not cheap, but with a sister and friends who regularly get botox, I figure it's cheaper than botox ;-)

I don't often wear makeup. I wear moisturizer with sunscreen and Avene's lip balm every day, and I carry Dior Rouge Nude in Equisse for when I want to spiffy up. I have a Dior eye compact for special occasions, like dinner out - I should really wear it more often considering how expensive it was LOL It was a birthday present from my mom who doesn't think I wear enough makeup

I'm going to have to try some Soap and glory, since you all love it so much!

Oh and I use Wen cleansing conditioner on my hair. I love, love, love it. My hair is so soft and shiny, and the color really does last longer. http://www.sephora.com/sweet-almond-min ... er-P374588
12 Apr 2014, 14:20
@Tracieknits you can get a few S&G bits over your way, but I think it's a small part of their massive collection, I think some one of the S&G facebook page said Target was a good place for it, dunno if that means anything to you! lol,

@Hazelnut20 oh my god yes, Righteous butter is amazing! I Use flake away before i get in the bath, then use that when I get out, i smell so good I have considered self cannibalism! XD

@gillymary I've never gotten on with Bodyshop stuff, my hands always ended up sore after using any of their bits! If ya hands are itchy atm, may i suggest a light layer of honey on them and leave it for about 5 mins, my mum does that with her hands when they get nasty!
12 Apr 2014, 15:57
I got some wonderful Sanctuary products for MothersDay..stuff for a home facial
Felt great after it x
Love adding some essential oil to anything in the shower,bath or for skincare...makes everything smell good and feel better tho i know you have to be cautious with their use
Have got a fab book called Fragrant Pharmacy which describes all the oils and their uses x
12 Apr 2014, 15:57
I've always tended to use AVON shower and hand wash (a friend of mine is a rep) and I don't go to Boots much, otherwise I might have got into Soap and Glory - have had a handcream and really liked it,

Things have changed though as I have recently become a consultant for Nirvana Spa at Home (as well as working full time!) so I have loads of their products to road-test (skin and body care - makeup to follow!). I am also a fan of ALDI Lacura - their undereye concealer works as well as much more expensive brands IMHO! Also a big fan of L'Occitane - @Callyanna - I would go without something else for their handcream - very effective on dry skin - my husband uses it religiously otherwise his hands tend to crack from having to wash with degreaser etc during the day.

Perfumes - currently into Jimmy Choo Flash and Hugo Boss Red is a staple - love Dior J'Adore too....

I wouldn't have said I'm that into girly stuff but actually, I think the evidence goes against me! :smile:
12 Apr 2014, 16:17
My fave perfume is Aromatiques by Clinique x love J'adore also@madcatlady x
12 Apr 2014, 16:45
Thanks Dragonsheart! Target is the US equivalent of Marks & Spencer or Monoprix. I think they have Target in Australia too, if I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure I shopped at one in Perth
12 Apr 2014, 18:30
@Tracieknits oh good, i'm glad you know what I mean, lol, if they don't have any in store try online!

Gotta say atm i'm usually wearing Black XS perfume by someone whos name has wandered off from my head!
12 Apr 2014, 18:34
:-)

For perfume I have two bottles right now - Coco by Chanel and Mlle Paris by Fragonard. I tend to wear the fragonard for daytime and Coco for evening. I love samples and try to buy my beauty products at Sephora so I can score free perfume samples :-)
14 Apr 2014, 10:43
I've always been a Chanel no. 5 girl but that have a new lighter version which I just adore called Chanel Eau Premiere.
14 Apr 2014, 11:33
I'm quite boring in the beauty products, mine consist of mainly Simple soap and sorbolene. I do indulge in Loccitane hand cream every now and then.
I have mainly Revlon and maybeline makeup. My favourite day time perfume is Glow by JLo and I'm also using Fancy Nights by Jessica Simpson because my DD gave it me because it was discounted at the time.
14 Apr 2014, 11:50
Eek, I'm SO, SO boring!!!!!.............Hate cream on my hands, hate cream on my face, hate cream on my body in fact, the only place I really like to put cream is the double variety in my coffee, yum, yum! I admit to occasionally aiming some Boots Perfect and Protect in the general direction of my face but otherwise it just never happens. I only ever cleanse my face with cheap Primark baby wipes, what a cheapskate I hear you all say and you are all quite right. Makeup is the same boring stuff from when I first started wearing it, Max Factor, crime puff ( actually typed creme but what the heck ) same shade of lipstick, eye shadow, sometimes mascara and like my clothes, always black! Dear God I sound, and am boring, I need help here. I need MAJOR help! Nail varnish is the one thing I find it difficult to go without, never on my ballet dancers toes though, and it must be in pristine condition or off it comes to be re-done. Goodness me what a strange cove I've turned out to be.

Ballerina x :heart:
14 Apr 2014, 12:49
When my daughter was young she suffered quite badly from eczems and I used to make a soap substitute for her from emulsifying ointment mixed with boiling water and some lavenderand/or geranium oil both of which are good for skin. I have been whisking coconut oil in my food mixer as on a previous post and adding some essential oils. Lovly as a general moisturiser especially after swimming.
I also use protect and perfect serum along with Superdrug vitamin E range for face wash, eye make up remover and face cream.
As regards perfume, I like a bit of musk for every day and Opiun or Stella ( the original one ) for special. That said I don't routinely wear eye make up or perfume.
14 Apr 2014, 16:50
'Strange cove' or not @Ballerina, whatever beauty regime you're using you look pretty darn good on it! :wink: :razz: :grin:
14 Apr 2014, 23:53
@callyanna i agree about @Ballerina
She is the essence of glowing good health plus pazzazz ! X
32 posts Page 2 of 3