The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

32 posts Page 1 of 3
The Beauty Tent!
12 Apr 2014, 06:30
Thought I'd try throw up a tent and see how many folks come to visit!

This place is for all make-up, lotions, potions and such like related things!

This tent makes a good beauty tent I think! ;)
Re: The Beauty Tent!
12 Apr 2014, 06:35
So I'll start with, I LOVE SOAP AND GLORY, honestly, mildly obsessed y the company, make skin butters that make you smooth as a babies bum, face creams that even out ya complexion AND make up that (mostly) doesn't fall off ya face after an hour! lol,

What company/products do you all like? In need of advice about certain products (nothing to technical please!) come and chat away! :lol:
12 Apr 2014, 07:33
Love your tent @Dragonsheart. I've not heard of your potions. I personally swear by Olay and moisturise twice a day every day. Blimey, I've done that for a LOONG time now! I use the day cream and, believe it or not...the night cream :wink:

Makeup-wise I like Max Factor mainly. I have very pale skin so subtlety is the key with me.

Bean :confused:
12 Apr 2014, 07:38
Lovely idea DH!
I like Soap & Glory too and i love Crabtree and Evelyn for nice bubble baths,shower gels etc
Bought some cheapo Crabtree stuff at TK Maxx..they sell all sorts of expensive smellies there very much reduced
Make up faves for me are Bourjois and Lancome x
12 Apr 2014, 07:57
@nursebean If they needed sales reps, I'd be the first on in with a CV, it's great stuff, all pink, bright and shiny! lol, link-a-dink if ya wanna browse http://www.soapandglory.com/

@CandiceMarie had a look at some of the crabtree range and looks good! Bourjois is great stuff to, love the bright colours they use! :D
12 Apr 2014, 08:34
Great tent!!
I have gone from all sorts of high end facial things (you know Estee, Kanebo etc) to making my own to have found my fav in Boots No7, Protect and Perfect. Ever since I found it years ago, that's it.

I used to use only handmade soap (marvelous, natural stuff made by friends in USA), but some years ago Palmolive had both a hand soap and a shower one in White Rose and Musk scent and I was lost cause it do smell like a real rose absolute :) Sadly they don't sell it anymore...luckily I do hav a stash of the handmade soaps to fall back to. The good thing about handmade natural soaps is that they don't dry out the skin, so I think I haven't needed body lotion for the last 10yrs or so.

Make up....ahhhh, ever since I found a yellow box of cake mascara at the age of 13, I was lost. I have used high end and low end brands and ever color imaginable except red and yellow eyeshadows LOL. For quite some time (in my youth) I worked in a large operation ward and the only thing that showed most of the time was the eyes = heavy duty eye MU!! And I was (is still) good at it, so I did all my girlfriends before we went out partying.

Today I tend to try stuff I read about and in my MU drawer I have Dior, YSL, EL paired with Isadora and some other brands. The latest purchase was Elisabeth Arden BB cream - great stuff!
12 Apr 2014, 08:58
Soap and Glory handcream is fab, discovered it when I could no longer justify spending out on L'Occitane (though still request that brand as presents). Make up wise I love Bobbi Brown and Benefit.
12 Apr 2014, 09:04
I am another big fan of Boots Protect and Perfect it is one of the few things I am not allergic to! Thanks to my dodgy skin I have more or less given up on anything else.
12 Apr 2014, 09:20
@callyanna if you like their hand cream, I really recommend the hand wash, leaves ya hands lovely and soft when combined with the cream!
12 Apr 2014, 09:23
Thanks for the recommendation DragonsHeart! Will deffo try as Boots often have special 3 for 2 offers on S&G products. I bought my DIL their special collection of goodies at Christmas and she loved it!
12 Apr 2014, 09:42
Just thought I'd stick my head in here! I bought up Boots protect and perfect when I was over there and can get it on eBay which isn't too bad. The trouble is people buy me 'smellies' for birthdays which I feel compelled to use first; I am currently using some Neale's Yard frankincense cleansers which I was given last year and which are very nice.

I have to confess I find the Aldi Lacura stuff very good and use their Spf30 face moisturiser every day as I am always outside in the sun.
My potion of choice though is a New Zealand one called Living Nature, organic face products using kiwi natural ingredients which is absolutely lovely.
12 Apr 2014, 09:50
Agree about Aldi brand too @Debs . Another natural Aussie brand I love is A'kin, especially their rosehip oil which is beautiful! :heart:
12 Apr 2014, 10:33
Yep, I use the Akin rose hip oil on my neck!
12 Apr 2014, 12:25
Ooh yes @DragonsHeart - I love, love, love The Righteous Butter by Soap & Glory - it smells absolutely gorgeous & girly! My day cannot start until I have slathered it on after a shower!

I am always buying Soap & Glory stuff as presents for people.....the world needs to be a more beautiful smelling place, in my opinion. Spread the joy!!!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
12 Apr 2014, 12:39
Body shop products became my saviour a few years ago as my skin was reacted to most other brands. I use hand made soaps with essential oils and still must have skin cream. My skin is very itchy lately so need to rethink things. Will try the Akin rose hip oil thanks.

Have been thinking I might be due to have some long baths with some Epsom salts.,feeling a pamper session or two coming on, thanks for the jolt
32 posts Page 1 of 3