The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

31 posts Page 2 of 3
We decided to cancel our camping trip this past weekend. Snowdonia was pouring with rain, no fun at all.

There was a positive side to the weekend. We did have a nice couple of days out cycling in Somerset and walking in Wiltshire :)
Another tin tenter here. Bailey Pagasus no fixed bed but all mod con's. No fancy camp sites for us. Give us a water tap, somewhere to empty the toilet, good company and we will be happy!
I can recommend the one we go to @lesley54.
Hi Penny

Always looking for new places to go. Where can you recommend?

Lesley
Replied by PM
Ohiwacomp.jpg
Sorry guys cant resist! This is us camping at Ohiwa on the east coast of the North Island NZ. We have a Kombi and an Eriba Puck
Looks idyllic @juliewil10!
Thanks @carorees. It is, we dont do much there, swim, sunbathe, read, walk, drink and eat! Come to NZ and we can go there
Sounds perfect @juliewil10
Hi @PennyForthem and all happy campers

I have often seen Glamping tent on here and never quite understood what it was as I had never heard of that word before. But I do now! I watched a show down under here yesterday called Four in a Bed, people who own B&B's and one of them owned a place called Applewood Camping - and it was Glamping style! Have you seen this show?

Anyway, now I know - I sadly don't have a caravan or tent any more, but I enjoy reading your experiences.

cheers
Maggie :smile:
Hello all *waves*. My ds and I will be going on our first camping trip in a few weeks. We are off to the lakes in our tent with the hound. Hoping it will be quieter than the back garden camp we did a few weeks ago (who knew my street was so noisey at night???!) xx
I am feeling happier. We have decided not to go too far this summer, as I do all the towing and can find it quite stressful towing along twisty Welsh roads. So we're sticking to our beloved little site on Anglesey.
Enjoy your trip, @vixter
Minsmum wrote:
We are a VW family and own a T25 & a Gipsy ( also have a bug but it's too small to sleep in!) we have travelled a fair few miles in the Bus and have ventured into France with her, had to push her onto the ferry, but we made it.

@minsmum we have a T25 too. He is called Cyril and we love him! We spent last weekend parked in a national trust car park on the Lizard. We are trying to figure out whether a drive away awning would enable us to take kerrianne with us.
We are planning on going back to the Lizard on Tuesday evening (we go away when kerrianne is in her respite centre)
Lots of sunny thoughts to all those who don't need four walls and a waterproof roof to have fun :heart:
I'm not a camper, a glamper or a tin tenter but I saw this and thought of you.....

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/de ... 58#slide-1
31 posts Page 2 of 3