The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

59 posts Page 1 of 4
Hi all.

My name is Juliana Rivers and Im a daily weigher

and Im proud of it

For others, its obsessive, for me it keeps me so focussed and in tune with the cause and effect of my eating behaviours.

Ive been keeping my weight on strips of paper, one line each day and what happened the previous day for 9 months now. It gets posted on the fridge door. If i make a new Low i highlight it and next to each day is how much ive lost from previous day.. (just like the share market readings)

I think I will keep doing this till im on maintenance, mid 2014. Then go to weekly.

I do feel that sometimes on the forum daily weighing is considered the "wrong thing to do" Each to their own i guess. Sometimes i weigh myself twice in a day but that I dont recommend.

Hope we can share our ideas here.
My name is Jennifer and I am a daily weigher - I feel so much better for sharing!

It's written in my diary in code!
Yup Daily weigher here too. I use the Fitbit Aria scales and they keep my graph for me - similar to what you do Juliana.

I also find it keeps me very focussed and on target. I always weigh at the start of the day - and don't recommend weighing more than once a day as you need to be consistent with time of day as your body fluctuates.
I'm less obsessive now I weigh & track daily. Libra user. Very informative.
Hi I'm Jen and Im also a daily weigher

Like Juliana Rivers I do it to keep myself in tune with what's going on. I tend to I skip weighing myself when I know I'm going off the rails in my eating so daily weighing is a good way to "nip it in the bud"

I'm a couple of pounds from maintenance though I'm struggling a bit at the moment - I had surgery a week agon and don't really know what ths scales are telling me - is it real weight "gain" or just the after affects from surgery? no fasting and too many late night comfort chocolates could mean the scales are right! gulp :bugeyes: :confused: :cry:
Oh lovely! I am also a daily weigher. I think that at a guess, most of us have had it drilled into us from slimming clubs that daily weighing is the wrong thing to do. But I agree that it actually keeps us focused. I weighed myself this morning having fasted on Thursday and the scales was 5lbs down on the last weigh in the morning before. Now, I know this is probably not a true representation of my weight so I'll take it with a pinch of salt for now. My official weekly weigh in is Wednesday so if it stays like that I'll only be too happy to record a 5lb loss.
Hi, my name is Debbie and I have been a daily weigher since I started this journey. It has helped to have a sense of humor and good advice @kencc, cuz my weight went all over the place during the week. It was pretty entertaining once I got over the shock! Anyway, the trend was mostly down and I have met my goal. I still weigh daily just to check. I only notate my weight on the weekend, that's good enough for me.

Take care all!
BruceE and I have the fitbit Aria scales and are daily weighers. We also enjoy the graph we get.

I take it one step further and I'm averaging my weights on a weekly and monthly basis. So I know, for example, that today I was down 7.7 pounds from December 31, but my average weight for the month of January was 4.35 pounds less than my average weight in December (can you say too much Christmas pudding? LOL).

I like seeing the cause and effect on the scale. I'm not overly obsessive. I was 1.5 pounds higher yesterday than I was today, but I (correctly) surmised that was water weight based on my food logs for the day before.

A low weight on the scale makes me feel proud of a job well done and it makes me want to keep behaving. I don't let a high number get me down, I try to look at it as a chance to refocus. :-)
Tracieknits wrote: BruceE and I have the fitbit Aria scales and are daily weighers. We also enjoy the graph we get.

I take it one step further and I'm averaging my weights on a weekly and monthly basis. So I know, for example, that today I was down 7.7 pounds from December 31, but my average weight for the month of January was 4.35 pounds less than my average weight in December (can you say too much Christmas pudding? LOL).

I like seeing the cause and effect on the scale. I'm not overly obsessive. I was 1.5 pounds higher yesterday than I was today, but I (correctly) surmised that was water weight based on my food logs for the day before.

A low weight on the scale makes me feel proud of a job well done and it makes me want to keep behaving. I don't let a high number get me down, I try to look at it as a chance to refocus. :-)

Nice way you summarised your method Tracie. I havent done the average thing. i guess i look at the Libra trend instead. The line of best fit purple line on this forum can be good or bad. cause its a predictor its showing a really low 70.26 as opposed to Libra weight of 70.9

i guess the Libra one is more accurate of ones status "today".
Hi there! My name is Bean and I, too, am a daily weighed (recently converted)

Oh Juliana I like your method of highlighting each loss. Do you find, though, that you go down one day and back up the next! And so it goes on?

I do agree that it is a great way (or weigh) to keep a careful eye on any indulgences that may cause those awful gains.

Well, here I am...happy to join the club!

Bean :sleepy:
nursebean wrote: Hi there! My name is Bean and I, too, am a daily weighed (recently converted)

Oh Juliana I like your method of highlighting each loss. Do you find, though, that you go down one day and back up the next! And so it goes on?

Yep @nursebean, my progress chart goes up like a wh... dr...s i know im really having difficulty moving things down at the moment. At least im aware as its all in front of me in 30 lines or show

my little bit of paper on the fridge carries about 15 readings so i have a good 15 sheets now all stuck behind a big paperclip. occasionally when im a bit frazzled by the plateau thats hit i look back at readings like 74.5, 73.9, 72.7 and have a big smile.
Hm I'll have to try doing that, not that there's much room on my fridge!

nursebean wrote: Hm I'll have to try doing that, not that there's much room on my fridge!

Me either. it always has tonnes of recipe printouts.. things i must cook soon, kid's school reminder notices and everything possible. i recently removed everything and found reminders from 2011. Not sure if i should admit that publicly :cry:
Hi I'm also a daily weigher - always first thing in the morning. I have always kept 2 records one of the daily weighings and one of a weekly one from the Monday morning which is usually my heaviest. I started doing this on paper about four years ago (before starting 5:2) and it makes interesting reading! I now also use this forum for the Monday tracking and Libra for the daily one. Like a few people on here I'm finding it really hard getting back on track after Christmas - I know I will be heavier this Monday than last despite doing 2 fasts!! Daily weighing helps me keep this in perspective and hopefully this week will be the turning point!
langstane wrote: Hi I'm also a daily weigher - always first thing in the morning. I have always kept 2 records one of the daily weighings and one of a weekly one from the Monday morning which is usually my heaviest. I started doing this on paper about four years ago (before starting 5:2) and it makes interesting reading! I now also use this forum for the Monday tracking and Libra for the daily one. Like a few people on here I'm finding it really hard getting back on track after Christmas - I know I will be heavier this Monday than last despite doing 2 fasts!! Daily weighing helps me keep this in perspective and hopefully this week will be the turning point!

Yes shaking off that "silly season" weight has been unexpectedly a problem for a lot of us even when we are doing our fasting religiously.

At least you have been weighing for 4 years @langstane Now that's impressive
59 posts Page 1 of 4