The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

59 posts Page 3 of 4
Does daily weighing have the opposite affect on any of you sometimes?

you weigh yourself and you're a couple of pounds lower than you expected even though you've been indulging and you think "great, i can continue to indulge like this because I'm obviously loosing weight". When this happens to me on the rare occasion its like ive been given a license to throw caution to the wind and continue to indulge
Hello! I am a daily weigh-er too! I was converted just before Christmas and now I am addicted. I even splashed out on new scales. I weigh myself every morning and adjust my daily consumption/plan/strategy accordingly. :dazed:

I have my body in this tent, my head in the 4:3 tent and my feet in the 16:8 tent.....divide and conquer!! :confused:
I've tried to not be a daily weigher but sadly I have become one. It's not really obsessive as it is just keeping myself on track. It doesn't seem to bother me anymore when I see it go up, I know there are explanations for it, so yeah- I'm Sammy and I'm a daily weigher!
Don't be sad @Daydreamer21 you are showing that you want to be in control.
I'm a whole pound down on yesterday and I ate pasta and a hot cross bun. I have done two exercise classes in 2 days though.
Auriga wrote: Hello! I am a daily weigh-er too! I was converted just before Christmas and now I am addicted. I even splashed out on new scales. I weigh myself every morning and adjust my daily consumption/plan/strategy accordingly. :dazed:

I have my body in this tent, my head in the 4:3 tent and my feet in the 16:8 tent.....divide and conquer!! :confused:

You are my tent twin then . And according to @Debs I'm a tent hussey. As I spread myself about. :grin:
We'll have to be husseys together then!
I'm Wendy and I'm a daily weigher. In fact....... I do it twice a day! I often weigh 1lb less at mid day than I did first thing. I record that weight on the True Weight app and then I log Tuesdays weight on the tracker. Tuesdays because I started on a Tuesday (day after Easter Monday last April)

I started both 16:8 and daily weighing by chance because like @julieathome and @ballerina I noticed that I didn't want breakfast after a fast day. As an experiment I weighed myself before lunch and realised that there was a difference between the early morning weight and the lunch time one. After that I was hooked on both. Not obsessively so and if I am on holiday and have no scales I neither weigh nor strictly 16:8, I just am slightly mindful of what I am shovelling in.

What @auriga said. New scales and a presence in several tents. At least this one, 16:8 and mainteneers.

PS haven't been able to post this for hours. Site has been on a go slow. What Auriga said referred to her earlier post, not the tent hopping hussey one :lol:
Hi @Wendydarling well, you learn something everyday on here! It never occurred to me to weigh myself immediately prior to breaking my fast, I always assumed that I was at my lightest first thing in the morning. I shall do both tomorrow, as a little experiment, and let you know how I get on.

Ballerina x :heart:
I've found the same thing to be true - ie I weigh less nearer lunchtime after a fast day than before (often 0.5kg) so I use that weight in my Progress Tracker. I need all the help I can get!! :-)
Blimey, I never thought I would be able to tell anyone here anything they didn't already know! You lot are all so intelligent and talented.
It must be the same for everyone, be interesting to hear your result @ballerina

Me too @loversghost
I find that as soon as I drink anything my weight goes up. So I record the weight, first thing in the morning after using the toilet, naked as a jay bird. It may be slightly artificial, about 2lb lighter than I usually am after hydrating myself, but it is consistent.
Gillymary here also record my daily weight, did own scales until 6 months into 5:2, I used to weigh at the local gym. It got ridiculous so I splashed out on a cheapie set of scales. It is good to know where I am at, though my weight loss is sssssslllooooooooowwwwwww prefer to know where I am at.

Yes there can be downward fluctuations from waking to lunchtime especially if fast not broken so worth a look if been to loo and still in fat burning mode. I also measure and have done for years about weekly. Also record my exercise and what form of IF I am adopting as I like to 'game' it chasing the illusive downward trend

I am a tent hussy too, visit sassy seniors as I am a self declared growing old disgracefully kinda gal, I started 'taking the scenic route' tent, am a 16:8 fan and now here. Poke my nose in most tents for a look see
Wendy Darling wrote: I'm Wendy and I'm a daily weigher. In fact....... I do it twice a day! I often weigh 1lb less at mid day than I did first thing. I record that weight on the True Weight app and then I log Tuesdays weight on the tracker. Tuesdays because I started on a Tuesday (day after Easter Monday last April)

I started both 16:8 and daily weighing by chance because like @julieathome and @ballerina I noticed that I didn't want breakfast after a fast day. As an experiment I weighed myself before lunch and realised that there was a difference between the early morning weight and the lunch time one. After that I was hooked on both. Not obsessively so and if I am on holiday and have no scales I neither weigh nor strictly 16:8, I just am slightly mindful of what I am shovelling in.

What @auriga said. New scales and a presence in several tents. At least this one, 16:8 and mainteneers.

PS haven't been able to post this for hours. Site has been on a go slow. What Auriga said referred to her earlier post, not the tent hopping hussey one :lol:

twice daily now thats dedication. hey i might try it too. sometimes i weigh myself first thing and then then think... should i put that weight on my fridge door or wait till its a bit lower especially when its higher than i expected it to be.. or indeed if its so badly high after an indulgent day i dont care to write it up. Yesterday I did a spot of gardening for an hour in the morning and between first thing and after gardening i was 200g less.

and then i want to know if during the course of the day just how low i can be on a fast day (before my dinner)

twice daily .. it cant hurt. im sure it has obsessive even crazy tinge for some of the weekly or monthly weighers. i do thing any more than twice is too much.

ill try it this week anyway and see what happens

im only in 2 tents related to style of eating.. this and 4:3 so im not a hussey :grin:
jeninboston wrote: Does daily weighing have the opposite affect on any of you sometimes?

you weigh yourself and you're a couple of pounds lower than you expected even though you've been indulging and you think "great, i can continue to indulge like this because I'm obviously loosing weight". When this happens to me on the rare occasion its like ive been given a license to throw caution to the wind and continue to indulge

this happened last week. i did my bad "milo out of tin" thing and didnt find a bad result the next day. and that night i though.. i can do the milo thing. it doesnt matter.

i think i know better but but its the evil talk that sometimes goes on when your at the kitchen cabinet
Ballerina wrote: Hi @Wendydarling well, you learn something everyday on here! It never occurred to me to weigh myself immediately prior to breaking my fast, I always assumed that I was at my lightest first thing in the morning. I shall do both tomorrow, as a little experiment, and let you know how I get on.

Ballerina x :heart:

Thanks guys I did this today and wow what a difference, I had just done a class as well so might have burnt some more fat, I'm a happy bunny, so I am.
59 posts Page 3 of 4