The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

59 posts Page 4 of 4
It didn't work for me, second weighing was massively heavier than the first even though I'd not eaten ANYTHING!!!!!
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Ballerina x :heart:
Ballerina wrote: It didn't work for me, second weighing was massively heavier than the first even though I'd not eaten ANYTHING!!!!!

Ah, but did you forget to remove those hobnailed ballet pumps @Ballerina? :?: :shock:
Ballerina wrote: It didn't work for me, second weighing was massively heavier than the first even though I'd not eaten ANYTHING!!!!!

But had you had anything to drink? Anything that goes in but doesn't come out will add to your weight. As you use stored fat as your fuel you breathe out carbon dioxide and water, the weight change seen between first and second weighings will depend on the balance between liquid consumed and breathed out unless you've visited the loo between weighings!
I am convinced that I gain weight every day that I don't liquid fast. I lose 1kg after a liquid fast, then gain a few hundred grams each day until I liquid fast again, so I'm gaining week on week. Which is sort of whats been happening since October. So today, I have added notes to my daily weight recordings on Withings Pulse, so I can see if my theory is actually supported by the data. I know many other factors come into play, water retention etc etc, but If I can see a few weeks data, with comments, I think I'll be able to really understand the pattern, and work out what it is thats going wrong.
So, I promised my OH I wouldn't weigh daily because it was depressing when I gained, I guess I forgot this promise since starting 4:3 and I have been weighing daily and he just got cross with me for doing so! Is it wrong to weigh daily? I had a 700g drop this morning after a feed day so I'm now my lowest weight ever and I was excited. I don't get so depressed about weight gains now but I feel like I shouldn't be weighing, but I feel like I need to to keep my over-eating under control. I feel very conflicted this morning lol
As long as you don't get too obsessive do what works for you.
Merlin wrote: As long as you don't get too obsessive do what works for you.

I'm not obsessing as I know weight fluctuates daily but it's more to control over eating on feed days
daydreamer21 wrote:
Merlin wrote: As long as you don't get too obsessive do what works for you.

I'm not obsessing as I know weight fluctuates daily but it's more to control over eating on feed days

I think that daily weighing in the long term has shown that it's an effective method to keep weight down. There's a link to an abstract about it somewhere??
I find that it helps me to take an average of the weekly weigh ins and that way I can really see if I have lost weight or plateauing or horror! putting it on! If you want to weigh daily I think it can be a positive thing @daydreamer21. :heart: Congrats on the weight loss too! :heart:
@daydreamer 21, I'm like Auriga in that daily weighing helps me maintain my weight, so i know on a daily/weekly basis what i need to adjust to keep on track.

As for you gaining the weight you're losing on your fast days, my only thought is have you checked and are you eating within your TDEE? as you start to lose weight this goes down considerably and it's possible you are overeating on your normal eating days. Just my 2 pence worth

Good luck
Daily weighing has been very positive for me, I understand my ups and downs better and just weight and forget, only really look at the trend. Plus a decent graph is very motivating as indeed is a sudden trend in the wrong direction.
I think he was more worried about my emotional state and not wanting me to be upset frequently. I feel like I need to weigh daily so as to keep check that I'm not over eating, and its working- I'm fluctuating a grams rather than whole pounds now.
daydreamer21 wrote: I feel like I need to weigh daily so as to keep check that I'm not over eating, and its working- I'm fluctuating a grams rather than whole pounds now.

I quite agree - I don;t weigh daily because I'm obsessed (!) - I know now that my weight will fluctuate, but I just like to keep an eye on things and it helps me control what I eat on non fast days. I think you should do what suits you best :-)
If one is at home and scales are accessible at any time, I find that if I am ever above my expected weight (for that day of week) by more than say 300g, I wont eat until i get to the "desired" lower weight.

I find i can drop 200g in first 2 or 3 hours... and consuming only a small cup of coffee.

this way my Libra trend weight doesnt move up if i record the lower weight.

Anyone else do the same?

dont worry i havent turned into an hourly weigher or anything, even though i do have 2 scales to work with now.
Hi - my name's Mary and I'm a........takes me back to when I went to Overeaters Anonymous, which taught me a lot about myself, it has to be said....

But yes, I too am a daily weigher and most of what I have to say has been said - I weigh daily just to keep myself on track - if I'm not seeing downwards movement it spurs me on to do something to achieve it by my official weigh in on a Friday.....

When I'm away for work though, like this week, I can't so I just have to hope for the best :confused:

After the trauma of last time my scale batteries ran out I really should keep a spare set at all times (mental note to self!) :grin:
59 posts Page 4 of 4