The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

35 posts Page 3 of 3
I absolutely get where you are coming from Barbarita.

My view is that I come onto the forum to share experiences and be inspired by the journeys of the other members. It's helpful to group our fasting approaches into rough categories such as 5:2, more than 2 fasts a week, eating window etc. I think that breaking it down too much means that we potentially lose out because:-

Some of the tougher regime tents would be pretty empty!

If we all stuck to our chosen regime's tent, we miss the chance to learn about and be inspired by slightly different (but along the same line) alternatives.

If we regularly wander between a couple of closely associated tents, as many do, what's the point in keeping them separate?

With regard to the toughness of the ADF regime; I know @nursebean is very strict but being analytical about it, she can do that because of her current lifestyle, which is not to say she has any choice about that. Bean, I hope you understand what I'm saying here! Most of us find that we have to drop a day here and there and I don't regard that as a wobble, its just life. When I've had a genuine wobble, many of the folk who have supported me haven't been ADF'ers.

On the subject of committment; I don't personally feel like I have committed to anything other than quitting the negative and expensive slimming clubs and diet food product industry. The freedom to swap between eating plans while still retaining the fasting ethos is an important factor in keeping me here.

As a final note to the mods, the more I think about it the more I'm with Izzy in hoping that the various eating regimes will not need tents in off-topic, but rather be in the main section of the new, all fasting regimes embraced forum.

Phew!
Well said @Winsome.
Hi @winsome, I agree that we are all committed to the intermittent fasting lifestyle, and are free to change from one IF regime to another as suits as, and as we learn more from each other. But at any time we do have a particular regime that we are trying to stick with, whether it is 4:3, 16:8, or 5:2 and 16:8 or another combination, and sometimes we find it hard to stick to that and have to tough it out. That is what I meant by 'committed', it is just a promise we make to ourselves to try our best at something we have freely chosen for ourselves; not to imply that we cannot change our minds.
I have told myself I am on 16/8 because the three days a week I run I like to have boiled egg and cold ham when I get home , round about 12 noon. On fast days I obviously don't eat till 7.30. On non running or fasting days I have brunch at 2-3pm and dinner at 7.30pm so I read all the different threads and get something from them all. As I said earlier I have no objection to it all being tightened up a bit. I just love the forum and the more points of view I can get the better.
My 2 cents worth.. keep all the methods people like to follow quite separate, and separate "tents". 19:5 is different to 18:6 is different to 16:8 is different to ADF is different to fast-5 is different to eating windows

just like 5:2 people feel more comfy with 5:2ers than 4:3ers.

tents with people following our "current" style is really comfy.

otherwise we should just pack up and remove all tents. and have it all in the main one called general Intermittent fasting tent

apart from absolute same tents just with a variation in a title, lets keep it as it is. i like it :-)

being cliquey is fine by me. doesn't matter if there are 100 tents

when i have something general to say i always first pop it in the General Fasting chat thread anyway.

even before the tents came along there was a lot of division and categorisation of threads. its common in forums like these. I find i scan View new posts on the left a lot as that lets me make sure i dont miss anything. so division into tents is not a precursor to missing things.

the Unread posts which i should use more is great too. helps you make sure you dont miss anything of interest search.php?search_id=unreadposts

also advanced search is really powerful
35 posts Page 3 of 3