The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

35 posts Page 2 of 3
@Debs i' m happy to share with the Glam Grans and Grandads in the Senior Sanctuary..might get some tips for that day yet to come when maybe just maybe i will be a Moomoo Grandmoo xx
Go for it, mods. Maybe have a storage locker where month-specific threads can go when the month is over (or holiday-specific, or whatever else has a finite life)...

PS When I started the short tent, someone pointed out that there had been one before.
Good idea to have new tents approved and have a general tidy up. Also think that walking and hiking should be kept separate for reasons Sallyo says. :)
hey @debs
did you mean merging fastonbury-glamping-grounds-f34/buddy-chat-tent-chat-with-your-fasting-buds-here-t12025.html

with
fastonbury-glamping-grounds-f34/fast-diet-buddies-tent-is-now-up-t11260-90.html?hilit=forum%20buddies#p172249

cause it was @caroreesthat separated them a few weeks ago so that buddy seekers are not hidden amongst the voracious chat.

you might want to keep them apart

speaking of buddies.. we need to chat more i think. totally inundated with work im afraid. you wouldnt think so with how many posts i do in a day but visiting this forum is like a "smoko" or "coffee break" for me and important diversion. also reminds me of my target to get down to my magic 69.0 Libra trend figure
Taking the scenic route was a pun on how to handle a protracted plateau with grace. Respect mods decision
Would anyone mind if we kept the Fast-5 tent, as although it is an eAting window it is a specific fasting protocol, different from 16:8 or the Warrior diet (20:4 don't know if anyone is signed up to that one at the moment) After all we have separate ADF and 4:3 tents, not one "I have more than 2 fast days a week" tent.
I was going to make the same point as @Juliana.Rivers about the 2 'buddy' tents
Happy with what's been suggested. I've recently been feeling the place was a tad cluttered and i was missing out by not having time to visit lots of tents. I agree about walking for fitness versus hiking/rambling.

Just one thought following on from Barbarita's comment:- should we merge the 4:3 and adf tents to make one 'fasting more than two days a week' tent, albeit with a snappier title :confused: There aren't many of us doing ADF and I personally find I'm swapping between the two anyway.

We could have some polls on specific mergers.
barbarita wrote: Would anyone mind if we kept the Fast-5 tent, as although it is an eAting window it is a specific fasting protocol, different from 16:8 or the Warrior diet (20:4 don't know if anyone is signed up to that one at the moment) After all we have separate ADF and 4:3 tents, not one "I have more than 2 fast days a week" tent.

Most people who say they are doing 16:8 are actually doing longer fasting than 16 hours and often 19:5. I have read the book, but can't remember if there is any difference between Fast-5 and what we would call 19:5? Personally I just eat lunch and dinner and nothing before or after so sometimes it's 16:8 but mostly it's 18:6 and sometimes 19:5 or even more. We can't have a tent for every variation! So I'd prefer to merge the two tents as the principles are identical its just a matter of a couple of hours different!
Spring clean needed deffo and as long as it makes life easier I'm happy because all these bloody different tents have done mine (and others) heads in, however not all SSS members unfortunately are or ever will become grandparents but if the majority is for combining the two then so be it :heart:
Winsome wrote: Happy with what's been suggested. I've recently been feeling the place was a tad cluttered and i was missing out by not having time to visit lots of tents. I agree about walking for fitness versus hiking/rambling.

Just one thought following on from Barbarita's comment:- should we merge the 4:3 and adf tents to make one 'fasting more than two days a week' tent, albeit with a snappier title :confused: There aren't many of us doing ADF and I personally find I'm swapping between the two anyway.

We could have some polls on specific mergers.

Having started the 4:3 tent I think it would merge very well with ADF as I too leap about between the two. :smile:
@Auriga I believe that they are separate, as the struggles of ADF can be far greater than mon, weds, fri fasting. ie these people are hard core and as such deserve there I own tent.
In my opinion.
I was just trying to be helpful, but it is all a struggle for some is all I would say. I am sure you know best anyway. :oops:
I haven't done 4:3 or ADF but I am guessing that strict ADF is tougher because you don't have the choice of which days you fast whereas in 4:3 you do? So the commitment is different, and what would count as a 'wobble' would be different. This is the basis of my differentiation of 16:8 from Fast-5. I know that people who have committed to 16:8 in practice often have eAting Windows even shorter than mine, but on a day when they do have a 7-hour window they are still 'doing' 16:8, whereas if I had a 7 hour window it would be a 'wobble' and require self-talk about getting back on the horse.
35 posts Page 2 of 3