The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

117 posts Page 8 of 8
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Re: The Mountaineering Tent
07 May 2014, 09:17
Fair enough @Manderley, is is about you anyway, and trying to cope with all the crap going on, and having somewhere to vent and share your problems without judgement.

How are you going to get through it? By thinking about the OH and what you have to look forward to later, which is some fun by the sounds of things :wink:
Can you discretely wear an ear phone with some relaxing music, or else some heavy metal or what it is you used to listen to?!
Can you take a phone, tablet to read on or vent?
Good luck :heart:
07 May 2014, 09:27
I guess I won't stay in the same room as her if she goes nuts, as the afternoon is a bad time for her. The hardest thing for me to deal with are not the insults and the nasty attitude, it's a lot more about having to put her on the toilet and clean her up after. It's not the ideal thing to do to have to clean your mother's bum....
07 May 2014, 09:35
I imagine she is struggling to cope with the loss of dignity too. You need to be able to reward yourself somehow for doing it. I know I couldn't do it so I have huge respect for you, as I do for my OH who is a nurse and does the same thing regularly.
07 May 2014, 09:43
Believe me, she doesn't care at all about her dignity. I mean, she even wet her bed on purpose sometimes......

I did work with elderly people when I was young and had to do it on a daily basis but I couldn't keep doing it so I quit after a year.
07 May 2014, 09:53
Oh I remember that now. Goodness, I have no idea how some peoples' minds work, I really don't. Just make sure you treat yourself somehow afterwards and think of your dad. :heart:
07 May 2014, 11:13
Manderley wrote: having to put her on the toilet and clean her up after. It's not the ideal thing to do to have to clean your mother's bum....

Yuck. I couldn't do it. Or maybe for someone I love. You are a strong person, and a loving one to do this sort of caring for your father's sake.

I hope that perhaps the need won't arise this afternoon ;-)
07 May 2014, 12:47
Today should be a day without, concerning that area, as she's faking to be asleep as she still doesn't want to talk to me, which is fine. My dad should be back in 45 min or so so we'll survive without killing each other :grin:
15 May 2014, 04:46
hi fellow mountaineers,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to put this, but I was so impressed when I read these two articles, this first one seems to cover all of the reasons I overeat (although I don't like that she lumps 5:2 in with other diets, but I suppose I can forgive her!):

http://www.sydneyprocesscounselling.com ... very-diet/

And the second one is a great example of how going deeper allows us to understand ourselves and our needs better:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-bed ... 09556.html

enjoy!
16 May 2014, 08:03
Hi girls ! :grin:

I waited a few days, just to be sure, but it seems that the nastiness is gone, for now anyway. It's quite strange actually, because even her face has changed, more relaxed, I suppose. So maybe it was because of the morphine, I don't know. For now I still can really trust her, am still tense when I go over there, because I still wait for the worse to happen, and I can only have simple conversations with her. Let's hope this change is here to stay.....
16 May 2014, 08:15
Phew, that must ease the stress on you so that is good for both of you.
16 May 2014, 09:06
Long may it last then Manderley, at least you're getting some respite from her previous behaviour.x
06 Nov 2014, 12:06
This tent has been packed up and hidden away for a while, but given that we have some new friends here, I thought it might benefit some to understand that they aren't alone in their complicated relationships with food.
Many of us ended up here through using food as a crutch, not as something to enjoy. Please contribute to this tent and we will be here to support you.
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
117 posts Page 8 of 8