The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

205 posts Page 1 of 14
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 Next
I enjoy taking photos and have plenty to learn.
We went to Flint Castle on the River Dee today, as there was an exceptionally high tide, which meant the moat was flooded - a very rare occurrence.
Here are some photos I took with my new Canon G1X.

Dees Crossing3.jpg
The New Dee crossing

Seagulls in Flint.jpg
More seagulls!

Seagulls flint3.jpg
Seagulls at Flint castle

Factories on the Dee.jpg
Factories on the Dee

This is the place to share your favourite photos and snaps!
Sigh!...............and she's good at photography.............as well as everything else.............sigh........ :confused:

Ballerina x :heart:

Oh, P.S. Penny, fab piccies :lol: thank you :victory:
Ballerina, thank you, but I am an amateur snapper really.
Hoping hubs will post some of his photos.

A snap taken last year of a lovely bummble bee on my passion flower vine.

My TINY garden and Ghost my cat.
Is that 'the' shed? Lovely photos, Julie.
The one at the back is 'the' shed. The smaller closer one is the gardening and other non-woodwork tool shed.

@Pennyforthem if you want somewhere nice to visit in the Flint area, great for walking the dogs too. Head 6 miles down the river to a village called Greenfield. You can either park in the car park under the bridge, or up in the village proper and visit the whole Greenfield Valley complex. It includes ruins of Basingwerk Abbey, the whole of the valley leading up to Holywell, through some lovely woodland with various lakes which is all free and the Greenfield Valley Heritage Museum which has rebuilt and moved ancient buildings, restored to their former glory. One is a Victorian school. Here's a link to the museum http://www.greenfieldvalley.com/w/ you only pay for the museum and playground, the rest of the valley is free.

You can end the uphill walk up Holywell, either in the town itself (cafe's and pubs for a slurp before the walk down) or take a slightly different route and have a look at St.Winefreds Well. The paths down the valley split and reform so you can take a different route back down.

I used to live in Greenfield and have climbed the Abbey walls and played in the woods for most of my childhood and younger adulthood.
If you click on the picture you get a bigger picture.
I almost never take any photos but OH is a very, very keen underwater photographer and has won lots of awards. Here's his website: http://www.trevorreesphotography.co.uk
Ballerina wrote: Sigh!...............and she's good at photography.............as well as everything else.............sigh........ :confused:

Ballerina x :heart:

Oh, P.S. Penny, fab piccies :lol: thank you :victory:

Took the words right out of ma mouth :bugeyes: :shock: :razz:
carorees wrote: I almost never take any photos but OH is a very, very keen underwater photographer and has won lots of awards. Here's his website: http://www.trevorreesphotography.co.uk

Some gorgeous pics there from the OH :like: :smile:
I agree about your hubby's photo's, they are gorgeous. i have to assume that he has his scuba qualifications? If I ever win the lottery I will be off to somewhere warm and take the full course of scuba lessons, I LOVE snorkeling and have ended up with a sunburnt back before now because I have spent hours just floating above a reef following fish.
I forgot that is one of my bucket list wishes. Oooh! another thread idea.
Oh what a perfect excuse to show my "snaps". I would love to be able to take really great wildlife photos...but in the meantime...

Bean :camera:
image.jpg
image.jpg (42.18 KiB) Viewed 1103 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (13.14 KiB) Viewed 1103 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (37.67 KiB) Viewed 1103 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (44.03 KiB) Viewed 1103 times
Awe, little beanies x
Julieathome wrote: I agree about your hubby's photo's, they are gorgeous. i have to assume that he has his scuba qualifications? If I ever win the lottery I will be off to somewhere warm and take the full course of scuba lessons, I LOVE snorkeling and have ended up with a sunburnt back before now because I have spent hours just floating above a reef following fish.
I forgot that is one of my bucket list wishes. Oooh! another thread idea.

Ha, yes, he's been diving for over 30 years! I was his buddy for 20 of them but took a break for the last 10 as I was developing panic attacks on dives that I think were due to a series of bereavements. Hoping to get back to it now I am in better shape!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 Next
205 posts Page 1 of 14