The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

50 posts Page 2 of 4
Sounds interesting Nessie. Do you get to keep the t shirt or do they auction them off after?
Yes @Barbarita - we want to hear the happy news about reaching goal! As I write, I am seeing rather a lot of goals.......Germany are hammering Brazil! But that's boring compared to your journey.....so bravo you!

Respect @Brand-ie - you have come a long way! It is lovely when you can jog/run for a good period of time without having to stop or walk in between. Very well done for that - I'm not surprised you are happy!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Nessie wrote: Yes@barbarita I am booked in for a 5k run called a colour run. You wear a white t shirt and have to run through stations where you get paint thrown at you, it should be fun. Only problem is I will be doing it on my own as daughter in law can't manage it. I'm sure I'll be o.k on the day. In fact in fitting with this thread I am really happy that I have started running 5ks at my age.

You know what @Nessie if I was closer I'd run it with you to keep you company.
We need a shout out to anyone able to run with you. Don't we, :smile:
I'm really rather happy tonight. We had a family day out to a place called Channonry Point which is over the water from us where if you are lucky you can see dolphins and OMG we really saw dolphins. We saw two mother and baby pairs in the distance and then one pair came right up to the shore (about 20 feet away from us). It was magical. Just as they were moving away I said to my oldest daughter it would be nice if they would finish it off with with a big jump and just at the moment they baby did a huge jump, everyone when oooooooooo, ahhhhh. Even my youngest, grumpy, hormonal daughter had a cheesey grin. Don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight!
Really rather happy this morning. Weighed in at lowest ever weight, 9st 6.6lb, just below target. We'll see if it lasts - yesterday was fast day, and very low carb!
How magical @wildmissus - what a sight that must have been! Dolphins are so adorable....

Big congrats to @silverdarling - how amazing & proud must you be feeling?! I love a bit of happy news to start the day! Thanks for sharing....

@brand-ie I am not sure yet whether I have to provide the t shirt or will be given it. I am sure however that we will get to take it home. @carieoates yes I am sure even training runs would be easier with a running mate. I do go to jog Scotland but it is 17 miles from where I live, only one woman from my village goes and she is a real runner and runs with the top group. She is very friendly and will chat to me before it starts so I am not standing around like Johnny no pals. I will ask if any other members are running the 5k.
Another happy day - @Silverdarling go you, I too weighed in today at all time low (only by 0.2lb) which is very encouraging as I'm approaching for a soft squidgy landing to maintenance soonish. :smile:

Congrats @Barbarita - you surely appear happy, it's great to see people's journey and celebrate their success - trying to find your delighted thread..... :like:

@Hazelnut et al - my change in lifestyle via 5:2 has provided a new confidence in life, especially work - I'm on a roll. [tag]carorees[tag] - is there any scientific evidence of 5:2 being a mood enhancer? :wink:
Oh dear@Lizbean should I have done a delighted thread? I only just managed to knock out my first Maintaining thread this morning. What with the Rambling and everything it's just work, work, work on this site. :lol:

@nessie I would love to go on a run with you. Alas Inverness is a bit too far for a day trip. What a pity we walkers/joggers and runners live so far apart; otherwise we could have a Fastday 5k!
I am really rather happy that grandson #1 and #2 have departed for home. Whacked.
They are a joy, and a spontaneous hug is adorable, but boy do they have energy and to spare.
Phew!
Neigh@barbarita clipity, clop ............ off to find your maintaining thread. Busy times :wink:

Then off to find tomorrow's fast thread, if anyone down south is up...........
Yesterday, I wore a new top. Nothing remarkable about that you might say? Oh yes there was!

It was a size 12.....whoop whoop!

As a formerly size 18/20, that definitely qualifies me to be in this tent because I am really rather happy!!

When I set out on this journey, my dearest wish was to feel confident and comfortable in my own skin this summer....as opposed to apologetic and disgustingly out of control as usual.

I'm thrilled to say that that because of 5:2, I am enjoying every day of this summer. My arms are out on show....and sometimes my kneecaps are too! I'm buzzing......

@Hazelnut20, you are like a little ray of sunshine on this forum. :lol: :lol: Every time I read your posts or see your happy face on your avatar you make me smile so thank you for being such a positive, upbeat member and for being so supportive to anyone who is struggling or feeling down. You're doing a great job and deserve all your hard won success!
:like: :like: :like: :like: :heart: :heart: :heart: :like: :like: :like: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Oh you are a sweetie @callyanna! Thanks for taking the trouble to post such a lovely reply :heart:

5:2 has made me brim over with positivity & happiness! Not easy for someone with depressive tendencies...so I am fascinated by the link between food & mood. It's almost like the more you eat, the more you weigh yourself & your mood down. So literally, being lighter in the stomach helps make me feel lighter overall - which is fantastic.

Plus, I can't tell you how thrilling it is to enjoy choosing what to wear each day...what a buzz!

Big hugs all round xx

Hello @Hazelnut20 popping into say well done you!
:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: That's an amazing achievement and it is lovely to hear you are splashing out and enjoying your new clothes and your freedom. You have got me going .......I'm off to see what is going on in the fashionista tent for ideas for a wedding in August. I'm also interested in the science behind weight loss and mood, I haven't struggled with depression but 5:2 is certainly like taking a happy pill! :grin:

I'm really rather happy today, the sun is out and it's the weekend - a bit of me time which always makes me feel happy.

See you later.
50 posts Page 2 of 4