The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

65 posts Page 4 of 5
I saw the most beautiful cakes today but didnt eat a crumb,even tho we were asked THREE times wd we like to look at the dessert menu!
I just ate them with my eyes! :bugeyes:
I'd say that was incredibly virtuous, @CandiceMarie - so here is a gold star for you:

:star:

Very well done......you soooooooo belong in this tent!!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Wine. Longing for a glass in the sunshine, but I'm giving it a miss till my night out on Thursday. Making do with Aldi pink sugar-free lemonade, which isn't too bad.
That sounds quite refreshing @Minumonline i must give it a whirl! X
I was going to make sultana pancakes with golden syrup and cream for pudding, but I didn't.
Crikey @Julieathome - that is seriously virtuous! Once such an idea had popped into my head, it would be pretty hard to "un-think" it!!!

Respect!

Proud of you...

I passed on a veritable smorgasbord of M&S yummy things today.....Yum Yums, Viennese Whirls, Chocolate Chip Shortbread.........and a hefty slice of delectable chocolate birthday cake......at a family get together. Instead, I made do with 2 cups of tea....

Whose idea was it to throw in an extra fast this week...after a back to back Wed/Thurs?!

I'm becoming like a stranger to me.....!!!!!

Very well done @hazelnut20
isnt it wonderful to have the nice figure you now have,rather eat than a load of sugar and fat anyways? And we always regret it afterwards?.! As they say, a moment on the lips,a lifetime on the hips! Xx
You are sooo right @CandiceMarie - thank you for reminding me :smile:

As I watched them all tuck in, all I could think was "insulin spike alert!"......

Have I become a food bore?

No-one will be more surprised than me if the answer is a teeny bit "yes", ha ha!

@hazelnut20Well, not on here anyways..or maybe all of us on here are food bores! :lol:
Howz yr buddy Heurcherella doing! I dont see her on here much..hope she's doing ok x
fasting day yesterday and all was going well until we went to the pictures. Maleficent, quite enjoyed it. I don't eat at the pictures so nothing noteworthy there.
THEN it was decided to have dinner out in The Meat Co. Being veggie, it is actually surprisingly good for me!
Halloumi with veg fo me, while Beloved devoured half a cow and Diving Daughter had a burger.
Then the pudding...
I resisted the gelato
I resisted the chocolate confection that nearly had me face planting
i resisted the creme brulee which is my benchmark on how good a restaurant is
couldn't resist the malva pudding though
BUT
DD had the creme brulee , I took one small spoonful, tasted a wee bit of it, didn't like the texture and left the rest of the spoonful
AND
had much less than half of the gloruious malva pudding, sharing with Beloved.
Felt *reasonably * virtuous, well enough to come onto this thread.
:D
Ok, what is a malva pudding?
My lovely work colleague has bought in a family block of choc, but I told her right out I was fasting today but would have a piece tomorrow so she has hidden it for tomorrow instead!
@Debs malva pudding in a south African staple! Like a light sponge pudding served with apricot sauce. It's not a 'backflipping' pudding but I just love it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malva_pudding
very virtuous missing the choc!
I'm amazed at being able to say no or just have a wee taste!
I say! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: gold stars all round @janeg & @Debs!!

You paragons of virtue are precisely the reason this tent is here.....

Am so proud of you both......xx

Thank you ladies,
Did have a tiny piece this morning though as I am not fasting. Good to have support and a virtual pat on the back!!
65 posts Page 4 of 5