The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

65 posts Page 1 of 5
It's all very well sticking to 500 cals on fast days and eating to your TDEE on non-fast days....but what about a bit of praise for when you pass up on something delicious....when all around you are tucking in with unfettered joy?? Surely such virtuous abstinence should be celebrated?!!

Come visit this tent whenever you want a pat on the back for going without or, in other words, for wisely playing the long game and focusing on your target.....despite massive temptation!

I set this tent up because today is my third fast of the week and I have:-

Baked a scrummy birthday cake this morning for my friend

Refused a piece when offered.....instead watching everyone else eat it

Bought Fish & Chips for my children & mother....then watched them eat it at her house....whilst nursing a cup of coffee (298 cals worth of soup waiting for me @ home - yum yum).

So, yes, I am feeling a tiny bit virtuous today......especially as the old me would never have gone without!

Come on in....there's plenty of room in here for a spot of back-patting......and let's face it, we could all do with a bit of that from time to time!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Good idea. I passed on lunch and a banana just now to keep my carbs down to 85g today.
*pats back*
I passed up on a visit to McDonald's yes I got invited wasn't fasting but was trying to keep up my good work of the last week, I was actually quite hungry and was food shopping
But having just weighed in for the tracker
my weightloss was once again my saviour. :clover: :clover:
Massive pats to you two! Amazing how we can do it if we really focus on why we are all doing this in the first place......

Hopefully, at long last, we just might be subscribing to the "A moment on the lips....a lifetime on the hips" philosophy!

Do you think it becomes easier to say no the more weight you have lost? As in, becoming a way of life to not always have whatever we fancy? I have spent many years eating totally mindlessly, with no thought of consequences, so every little thing I pass up, represents a major achievement for me & of course, I hope to build on the habit daily......

Yes I really think it gets easier as you move along your journey but to be truthful I've found its the struggles that have made me stronger, because at my start and up to the 8 month stage I got away with lots of mistakes I made, however since the beginning of December my struggles made me very determined to win the battle. :clover: :clover:
For the first time in a long time, I went to a restaurant on a fast day last night. Oh, the parade of lovely food I had to watch pass me by last night. The hardest were beni'imo (Okinawan purple sweet potato) croquettes and Okinawan brown sugar ice cream. I was threatening to go back the next day and order all the things I missed! Still, the things I had were yummy and healthy, like sashimi and loads of vegetables, and a small piece of Okinawan peanut tofu.
Those rotten carbs have a lot to answer for! Even though I have not had bread for the last three days, I think the bit of pasta I had yesterday has put a number on the scales that I don't like to see!
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyway, my OH has been having Fruit Toast the last two days and whilst I have enjoyed the smell wafting through the house, I have managed to stay strong and not be tempted to have any. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Well done to you all - we do have every right to feel virtuous. :wink: :wink:

cheers
Maggie :smile:
Ohhhh great idea for aTent,Hazel! And well done on your virtuosity everybody! X
I will be joining you when I'm home from my holibobs, as every fast eve I cook for my family and I have my adapted meal. There's wine, chocolate, crisps, bread, pasta, rice, chips, sweets all around me every day. :cry:
I went on a treasure hunt with my son's class this morning, and guess what the treasure was...sweets! I didn't take any and at the end a couple of the children gave me one of theirs which i put away for tomorrow. Funny thing is I'd forgotten about them until i saw this thread!
Well done everyone. A Lindt chocolate bunny :bunny: my work partner gave me on my Thursday fast day.
Do we have a "Confession" tent to balance this thread? I ate about 10 cookies today. They were gluten free Oreo type and I just didn't stop.
I know the feeling @GoLinda! I made some shortbread rabbits the other day - boy, were they moreish! Didn't have any the day I made them, as was fasting....but made up for it the next day...during a moment of complete madness. Very cross with myself afterwards, I can tell you.

Maybe we do need a sub-tent in here for these confessions!!

Needless to say, am very proud of everyone who is saying "no" in the face of great temptation!

Stay as strong as possible folks.....

Said no to breakfast at Upper Crust today while I was travelling. Glad I did, as it was all so carby, and not cheap. Enjoyed omelette for lunch and pork chop for dinner.
Because of the one month no sugar challenge I am doing I had to forgo the pistachios and olive oil cake at the Balmoral and watch @wildmissus eating it next to me (while I was packing away the Scottish cheeses and biscuits :lol: )
65 posts Page 1 of 5