The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

40 posts Page 2 of 3
Not many people mentioned corn on the cob - you HAVE to have corn on the cob for the Holiday !!!!!
Done on the BBQ or boiled? With butter on top?
I wrap corn in aluminum foil and toss it on the grill
Small town parade, watermelon, roasted corn, saltwater taffy, grilled veggies...am there in spirit.
Blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream is essential. Also, many coastal areas do clambakes...clam chowder, lobster, steamers, corn on cob. I am a Patriots fan and I know they have had exhibition games in England.
We heat corn right on the barbecue grill, not very long, just enough to get a few grill marks, then eat with lots of butter!!!!
Have fun @Minumonline and all. We went to see the Patriots at Wembley in London last year. It was a great day out, been twice now. You lot across the pond really know how to do it right :like: :heart: :usa:
Well, I'm a little late, looks like you have the gist of it already. But, a 4th of July without the fireworks show would be like a birthday party without cake or presents. Maybe you could watch one on youtube. Here's a link :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18212B4yfLg

We are having all the usual stuff...burgers, dogs, corn on the cob, watermelon, potato salad, baked beans, etc. I am making a berry cobbler. It's not as traditional as apple pie, but it feeds a crowd better. There will probably be 30-40 people at my aunt's house tomorrow. I think I will be making some fudge, also. Should make for an interesting fast day since I have to make those tonight. :razz:
clairemarie wrote: Blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream is essential. Also, many coastal areas do clambakes...clam chowder, lobster, steamers, corn on cob. I am a Patriots fan and I know they have had exhibition games in England.

43tweaker wrote: Well, I'm a little late, looks like you have the gist of it already. But, a 4th of July without the fireworks show would be like a birthday party without cake or presents. Maybe you could watch one on youtube. Here's a link :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18212B4yfLg

Sounds awesome - we are going to see the 49ers and the Jaguars at Wembley in October

43tweaker wrote: We are having all the usual stuff...burgers, dogs, corn on the cob, watermelon, potato salad, baked beans, etc. I am making a berry cobbler. It's not as traditional as apple pie, but it feeds a crowd better. There will probably be 30-40 people at my aunt's house tomorrow. I think I will be making some fudge, also. Should make for an interesting fast day since I have to make those tonight. :razz:

30-40 people - thats a real party !

Thanks everyone - I really feel I have the gist now
I don't know why I went back and looked for this conversation today - I'm fasting and far from home. Painful on so many levels!

Happy 4th everyone - however you're celebrating!
Happy 4th mummybunny and sending warm feelings :heart:
Yum yum. Feel very.celebratory after son's American drama performance went really well.

Thanks for the ideas
That looks perfect! Love the generous pat of butter on the corn. :) :usa:
:bugeyes: I knew I shouldn't have carried on reading this thread on a fast day :confused: :bugeyes: :oops:

Never mind - I've really enjoyed it in a masochistic sort of way :shock: :wink: :starving:
Wow that looks yumbo! Glad it went off well. Now waiting on the next big event...the birth of your new Prince/Princess! Can hardly wait.
40 posts Page 2 of 3