The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

36 posts Page 1 of 3
You know we often talk about 2,000 calories a day? Well, when I'm having a blow-out I sometimes think I eat 2,000 calories in one meal. The thing is, I have no idea what a 2,000 calorie meal would actually look like. I tried to Google it, but without much success (patience is not my most notable virtue) - most sites seem to bang on about how much food makes up 2000 calories a day.

So, any ideas on what a 2,000 calorie meal would look like? Would a take-away pizza do it? Big Mac and fries? A roast dinner? With alcohol? Just an approximate idea will do me.

I have a horrible feeling what you say will confirm my suspicion that I can indeed eat 2,000 calories in one sitting when I put my mind to it. Whereupon I will crawl into bed, hide under the duvet and never come out again. Except to have occasional blow-out meals, of-course.
Here's a quick estimate from Pizza Express
Doughballs with garlic butter 347
Pizza American 804
Cheesecake and Ice Cream 465
That's 1616 so far, add in a couple of glasses of wine and that would easily be 2000 calories.
May I join you under your duvet? :oops:
Usingg My fitness pal, I found that roast chicken breast (150g), roasties (300g) Aunt Bessie's stuffing balls (2), cauliflower, carrots and sprouts, Colemans bread sauce and Tesco onion gravy with half a bottle of Sauvignon blanc, followed by a quarter of M& S trifle and double cream comes in at around 2050 calories. Does that help?

I used to eat like that, especially on Sunday. Scary really.
I dread to think... But I don't think it'd be too difficult to rack up 2k in one meal!
I think I could just about manage roast chicken breast (150g),cauliflower, carrots and sprouts.

Just reading the above posts makes me feel nauseated. I think I have what is known as a 'delicate stomach'!!
I think I could pretty much make up 2000 cals with chocolate in one sitting. That's about 4 of any 100g bars. Yep. Do-able. :-)
I worked out an Indian with a few beers exceeded 2,000... But well worth fasting all day for :grin:
Big Mac = 490

Medium Fries = 330

Latte = 140

Smartie McFlurry = 320

So your McDonalds blowout isn't as bad as you feared, coming in at 1280kcals.

Whereas if you went for

Grilled Chicken Salad= 140

No side.....

Tea with milk= 10

Fruit bag for dessert = 46

It would be 196kcals.
It would look delicious!!
I think a bottle of wine has near enough 700kcal alone and I can easily still drink that slowly over one evening.
I would say some garlic bread, a large portion of spaghetti bolognaise and a slice of cheesecake all washed down with a bottle of red! Might actually be more than 2000......
I should not have read this on a fast day, man I am hungry!!
Well here in the US next week is Thanksgiving, a day of football, Christmas parades, and gluttony. This is what I found regarding our "traditional" meal...

6 oz. of turkey, with skin: 299 calories
sausage stuffing: 310 calories
dinner roll and butter: 310 calories
sweet-potato casserole: 300 calories
mashed potatoes and gravy: 140 calories
green-bean casserole: 110 calories
cranberry sauce: 15 calories
brussels sprouts: 83 calories
pumpkin pie: 316 calories
pecan pie: 503 calories
whipped cream: 100 calories

total: 2,486 calories

This of course doesn't include any of the beverages, or pre-dinner nuts, olives, and cheese and crackers, but it is totally within the realm of possibility, and actually is only considering single servings, if you were to go back for seconds on anything well, you know.

I do think 2,000 at one sitting is totally doable especially if you are eating something that is calorically dense (like cheesecake) vs. something that is not so much (say broccoli). Apparently the typical stomach can hold about 8C of food (actually anywhere from 4C to 12C), so if you wanted to slow it down calorie wise you could start with something that would take up a lot of space but doesn't have as many calories.
God, I'm now scared for Christmas day thinking about how much food there is in our house I'll probably end up consuming somewhere in the region of 3000 calories!!! I'll have to fast Christmas eve and Boxing day and several days either side of those to make up for it...
Heaven on a plate.... THAT'S what it'd look like!!! :lol:
I have Xmas Eve when my daughter comes around, so its usually one of her favourites that she doesn't do for herself as she's on her own. Then Xmas day (where we spread the dinner out to cover the whole day, it helps keeps the calorie cost down). Then Boxing Day where traditionally friends came over and a big buffet is the usual fare, luckily not many this year. Then the next day December 27th is my Wedding Anniversary.
I'm doomed I tell ya, doomed!
DeMuralist...potatoes and gravy for 140 calories? Obviously, this isn't my serving size. Oh how I love potatoes...and then gravy over everything! Already planning on bumping up normal Thursday fast to Wednesday. Should plan another fast on Friday, but that's the day to eat leftovers!
I could easily do 2000 in one meal!!
Dominos pizza (my favourite which is extra prawns, camembert and mushrooms with BBQ sauce), a chocolate mousse and a few glasses of wine. Easy!

Lil :heart:
36 posts Page 1 of 3