The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

15 posts Page 1 of 1
HOW TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!
22 May 2014, 09:51
Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for bearing with us during the changeover yesterday. Apologies that some of you are having difficulties logging in and a few other teething issues with the new site. I can assure you the tech team are working hard to resolve these issues as soon as possible and we all appreciate your patience during this time of change!

I hope you're enjoying browsing the fantastic new content on the main FastDay site, Caro has done an amazing job writing a lot of articles for us. We've always been the biggest, most active 5:2 forum on the web and now I hope we're going to be the biggest resource for IF information in general.

As mentioned in the mailout which many of you will have received (if you didn't get it, please check your account settings as to whether you have enabled receiving emails from the admin) you need to reset your password to sync up with the new login system here. There should be a prompt to do so when you visit, but it seems in some cases this isn't loading. I guess nothing ever goes totally to plan eh?

Well, here's a direct link for the password reset form:

http://www.fastday.com/request-password-reset/

You just need to enter your registered email address and should receive an email shortly after which includes a link to reset your password. You can then enter a new password of your own choosing - so it's a bit smoother than the old system where you were given a randomised password and would have to go change it again if you couldn't remember it!

Thanks again for your patience :)

PS: If you're still having issues logging in please do email us on info@fasday.com letting us know as much as possible about the problem (ie, what happens when you try to login/change your password, what device/browser you are using) so we can do our best to help you get in!
Re: HOW TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!
22 May 2014, 12:48
Thanks Moogie et al... We know these things take time to sort out..
appreciate all your work and YOUR patience dealing with the teething troubles! X
22 May 2014, 13:59
The same as candicemarie said. Thanks Moogie and team. :)
23 May 2014, 11:18
not sure if I am doing something wrong, but when I come to the site and try to log in the submit button doesn´t work and the only way into the site is through the reset password routine. I have had to do this four times. It could be me though!
23 May 2014, 16:35
I have just been in contact with the tech team and they asked me to explain that if you have already reset your password using, say, your laptop, you don't need to do it again on your phone. The system is seeing your two devices as two different people so it prompts the pop up to appear again but you can just ignore it.

Once you have reset your password once, the thing to do is first close the pop-up window asking you to reset your password. Then go to “login” on the main yellow menu at the top of the page (it’s at the right hand end of the yellow bar). You can log in from here using your username and your new password.

We appreciate that the pop-up is a bit unhelpful if you have already changed your password, but are now visiting the site on a second device. The team is going to change the pop-up soon.

If you still have problems when using different devices even when logging in via the main yellow menu, please do flag up the issue in the forum fixes thread or email info@fastday.com

Hope this helps!
24 May 2014, 19:30
I had problems resetting my password this morning when I was on Internet Explorer, but had no problems when I switched to Firefox web browser.
I am finding more frequently that you need at least IE, Firefox, and Chrome web browsers on your computer as some sites seem work best on one or the other.
29 May 2014, 10:41
Help help help help
I used to enjoy this site very much
it was so easy to login etc etc.
Eversince you changed it I spent everyday sooo frustrating times trying to log in.
I send in my e-mail.
I get an email back. but cannot open the page you sent.
"This page does not exist'
I login again , nothing happens.
I have written to you several times on the e-mail address you gave.
Every time it comes back wit errors.
Once it asked me even my user name.
When I gave it, it did not accept me, because the name was already in use. Well, thAT ALREAdy person is me. I am going mad.
Margotsylvia
29 May 2014, 10:44
I tied it just now!
And it worked - first time ever.
Hurray!!!
Margotsylvia
29 May 2014, 17:10
My first visit since the change, still getting loads of failed loading and it keeps telling me to reset my password, also there is a a security problem on a certificate. Anyway let's hope things continue to improve. The forum is also much slower than before. Sorry if I am blunt but I can't say I am that impressed.
31 May 2014, 05:12
Hi
It is still not easy to log in.
It doesn't do anything when I click the sign in.
It does not tell me I am logged in
Then eventually sometimes I just end up being logged in after all.
Could you make it like it used to be?
Margotsylvia
31 May 2014, 13:09
well for the first time since the new site went live, I didn't have to log in. I just landed on the page but from a google search for something related to 5:2. It would have been better to have the two sites run alongside each other with a select few users being able to use the new site, until all the bugs/fixes were ironed out. I work for a web design company, and if you were my customer I'd be very embarrassed.
01 Jun 2014, 10:33
I keep having the same problems every day. It is very frustrating. I have enough frustrations in my life already without this.
I am very sad about this.
You used to vbe my friends..
Margotsylvia
PS I wrote to you again after your comment on this , Moogie, but it refused to send it because of erreors. I keep writing here because I cannot send anything to you direct.
02 Jun 2014, 07:19
Am having no luck logging in with my usual details!
What a shame that it all changed... WHY?
02 Jun 2014, 09:55
As I logged in today my name and password were already there. Well the password was just ...... but I assume it was it.
I usually have to delete my name and email and rewrite the same thing.
Then I delete my password and rewrite it.
Then it said I was logged in.
I went to the forum and nothing was logged in.
I went to Maintenance Info for a bit and I was logged in.
Then I came back to the Forum and I was not logged in.
It took at least 20 minutes for me to be logged in.
I think I am logged in now as I write this.
Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating...
06 Jun 2014, 14:04
I tried to log in, it asked for my email and password
It didn´t recognise my email
So I clicked reset password
it asked for my email
it sent me an email
i reset my password
I could log in
15 posts Page 1 of 1