The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

21 posts Page 1 of 2
As some people have mentioned that the snow is slowing their systems down (sorry, this seems to be a minority), I have set up an option to disable it.

Simply click on the snowy bar at the bottom of the screen and the falling snow & snow bar will be removed :) If you want to re-enable it you should see a 'let it snow' button around the top right of the site.
I'd rather be slow than have no snow :grin: :grin: :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:
Ballerina wrote: I'd rather be slow than have no snow :grin: :grin: :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:

Me too :grin:
My snow has just gone really fast!
Thanks for that, although I have decided to keep that snow effect on my screen as I quite like it.
Thanks for that, what a great effect but I'm going crazy with the lag. Mind you when it snows I'm dangerous to travel with as I'm too busy watching the snow flakes on my windscreen.
Drop your high beams, carieoates!
Thanks Moogie- like the real thing, I'm not keen after the first few hours. I'm probably a grumpy old woman!
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
In the end, I have now decided to turn off the snow effect not because I was getting fed up with it in any way, but because it was eating up a lot of my CPU power (and that is despite the fact that I am working on a machine which has a quad-core processor with 8GB of RAM) and slowing down my ability to type anything on this forum (which might also have explained my earlier typo that was picked up on the other thread about the snow effects on this form.
Thanks everso @Moogie. I was tempted to ask for an off switch myself (as it was killing my wee netbook) but I didn't want to be a bahumbug!

Still enjoying the snowflakes wallpaper - and enjoying the festive vibe!

Cheers, FatDog.
Thank you Moogie, sorry if I was a killjoy but it was making me feel ill.
I feel like I deserve a 'bah humbug' but I also had to turn it off, much as I loved it. My browser was seriously unhappy!
it's snowing again in Okinawa! Firefox >> Safari
Hi @Moogie
Unfortunately on my iPad the falling snow was v slow...
I am also having a problem of the message "Happy holidays...etc" sometimes appearing across the middle of the reply box, or across other material on the page, and I can't move it - any ideas?
21 posts Page 1 of 2