The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

22 posts Page 1 of 2
Auto generated postings
26 Mar 2013, 19:58
Hi Moogie,

I have tried to disable the auto generated postings which are sent to my e-mail ad and after someone else asked the same question I faithfully followed the instructions you gave but I am still getting the e-mails, can you help me please? Love the site otherwise and you do a fantastic job, thank you,

Many thanks,

Ballerina x
Re: Auto generated postings
26 Mar 2013, 20:00
I have the same problem...
26 Mar 2013, 20:06
I was just about to google Paul Lovering but, as you are already here, who is he? I' sure I'll feel stupid when you tell me as it will no doubt be some VERY famous person I should know of!

Ballerina x
26 Mar 2013, 20:08
Are you sure the emails you have received weren't generated before you made the change to your settings? I've found that sometimes they reach me a long time (even days) after the events to which they relate.

If so, then just give it a bit more time and the emails should stop coming.
26 Mar 2013, 20:20
Hi Dominic,

Thank you for your reply but I have now been trying to disable this function for about a month now so I don't think this is the problem, even my IT husband, who thinks I am incapable of doing anything correctly that involves a computer, has followed Moogies instructions and still they flow into my inbox. Ah well, just one of life's little trials but thank you again.

Ballerina x
26 Mar 2013, 20:21
Paul Lovering is a footy player from Scotland and he is my cousin. When he was playing for Airdrie United, many of their fans used this moto and I fancy using it myself.

OK, thanks, I'll give it sometime and see how it goes.
26 Mar 2013, 20:24
Hi Ballerina, I haven't seen Moogie's instructions but mine would be:
  1. Go to User Control Panel
  2. Click on 'Manage Subscriptions'.
  3. At the bottom click on 'Mark all'
  4. Click on 'unwatch marked'
  5. Repeat for subsequent pages (if any).
If you already did that and none are showing as subscribed then I apologise for wasting your time!
26 Mar 2013, 20:27
Hi TML,

Just googled him and as I come from Glasgow you really would have thought I had heard of him, feel a bit dim now but my only excuse is I have absolutely NO interest in football!!! That said, I actually rather like it so keep it going,

Ballerina x
26 Mar 2013, 20:32
I'll keep it going till I have something like "hey, I lost 10 kilos in one month" to say, LOL!!!
Ah, Glasgow. I miss it but not the cold!!!
26 Mar 2013, 20:33
Hi Dominic,

Thank you for your help, I have followed your instruction, which were different to Moogies, so we shall see what happens,

Ballerina x
26 Mar 2013, 20:33
BTW, Scottish football is very popular in Greece. In fact, I'm one of the hosts of a weekly radio show about it.
26 Mar 2013, 20:36
I never thought it was possible to miss Glasgow!
26 Mar 2013, 20:37
If you have been here for a month there are probably heaps of threads to which you are auto subscribed.

So you need to change the overrall setting to stop auto subscription to new threads & you need to unsubscribe from existing threads.

First the overrall setting can be accessed via:
User Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> Edit Posting Defaults -> Notify me upon replies by default -> No -> Submit

That looks like this:

Second you need to unsubscribe from existing subscriptions:
User Control Panel -> Manage Subscriptions -> Mark All -> Unwatch Marked
That looks like this:

There is a very long delay in subscriptions reaching your mailbox - in the order of 2-3 days. So don't expect immediate results.
26 Mar 2013, 20:42
Ballerina wrote: I never thought it was possible to miss Glasgow!

It is if it's full of love ones (and football)!!!
26 Mar 2013, 20:45
Hi Badalya,

I did the first part on about 3 or 4 occasions but until Dominic kindly pointed me to the second part of your instructions I had not done that til now, so thank you very much for your help I'm sure this will do it now, hope so,

Ballerina x
22 posts Page 1 of 2