The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

3 posts Page 1 of 1
terms and calorie count
07 Feb 2013, 12:07
I am only into my second week of the 5:2 diet but I have already made an important change in my thought process. For me, I think using the term "feast" day may have led me to eat more on those non fast days. The feast days after my first 2 fasts had me feeling like I had over consumed.

I read in the forum a bit deeper and found discussions about TDEE and worked out mine. Next I went onto the National Institute of Health's (USA) website and learned that for my age and activity level I should consume 1800 calories a day. So both my TDEE and NIH calorie intake numbers were well below that 2000 calorie recommendation that is on food packages.

I fasted a 3rd time in week one to make up for my extravagance. I think of my week now as fast days and TDEE days. I also am keeping my calorie intake to the 1800 limit.

Week one loss was 1.5k and 4.5cm at the waist and I have lots of motivation to continue. :D
Re: terms and calorie count
07 Feb 2013, 12:37
Hi Zabelle, welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you are pretty well sorted! I kind of count my calories on eating days (I estimate them based on the fat secret website calorie information) and tend to keep a bit below TDEE on weekdays so I can enjoy a glass of wine or more at weekends. I think it's good to actually feast occasionally to keep your body from 'thinking' it's a famine situation!

I think you're right to do the waist measurement...it seems less variable than the scales.

Happy fasting!
Re: terms and calorie count
07 Feb 2013, 16:22
Good point about about some feasting, those are the evenings when my OH and I finish the entire bottle of wine!

Thanks for the support
3 posts Page 1 of 1