I wasn't expecting to lose this fast -- I lost 10lbs in each of the first 2 months, about 5lb in June (was on holiday for 10 days and didn't fast, but still managed to lose 1 lb). I will be quite happy if I continue now with a pound a week and to be honest I wouldn't want to continue losing too fast as I fear it would be too hard on my skin and body.

One thing I found very interesting is I lost 30lbs the year leading up to starting 5:2 the "traditional way" -- eating well, being active, portion control -- but it seemed like I would just randomly drop 5lbs with no reason. I felt like I was pushing a cart from the wrong end and had little control. I understand about fat cells storing water until they are convinced you won't be needing them again, but it was frustrating. I also lost it evenly over my body, losing 3" from my waist.

With 5:2 I have lost fairly consistently each week. I also lost 2" from my waist with the first 5 lbs lost in the first 2 weeks. I lost 4" from my waist before I lost any inches from anywhere else, and all from my upper belly, meaning the BAD visceral fat was going FIRST. THEN I started losing from my lower belly/hips, then a tad off my thighs, my neck, and finally this week my upper arm lost 1/2" (hadn't lost any there at all! Interestingly, they say you lose weight in your face first, but I didn't see any change there until the last 5-10lbs where suddenly my side jawline reappeared. :) So, for the same loss (30lbs) I've lost twice as many inches off my waist (which implies MORE than twice as much visceral fat, given how volume scales to circumference.

Next goal: 20lbs in 4mo.