Sue.Q ♥ 51 weeks ago.
07 Apr 2014, 09:12
Well next week is my Fastiversary

(won't tag at bottom of page @moogie+@carorees)
:heart: :heart:
51 weeks ago I'd just read a comment in Mimi Spencer's weekly column as she mentioned 5:2 saying "diet" for two days each week and I thought I can do that 2 out of 7 easy.
Having just given up on dieting and resigned myself to an early grave I cleared out all my smaller sized clothes and footwear that no longer fit me all to charity, at this point I was in a very bad+dark place especially my oedema which had reached severe stage only able to wear gents sandals and we'd got bad snow hence I was almost housebound and very depressed.
Read that column sent for the book on the Monday it came on the Wed/Thurs I read it over a couple of days and as I'd got a day at home alone got stuck right in decided on small lunch and full evening meal, so morning drinks only went for a short walk came back with the intention of having lunch but I wasn't hungry at all, miracle because I thought I'd die from hunger, and for the first time in my life I listened to my body, what I hadn't realised it then but my walk was acting as a suppressant so I skipped my lunch went to have a long soak in the bath then prepare evening meal this I did 2 courses because I'd made the soup for lunch, and did OH a pudd, because it had gone extremely well for me on my trial day I actually did the next day also then one more in the week=4:3 I didn't even know this existed, then because I did eat whatever I wanted on all my normal days at the end of week one I'd got what I thought a small loss went on to week two with the same routine another loss,
About 2 weeks later after googling 5:2 I found this forum
The rest is history as they say I've actually learned far more from this forum than I ever took in reading the book and because you're surrounded by like minded people who've been doing 5:2 for quite sometime their knowledge is and was so inspiring and extremely helpful, I started to lose weight quicker because I'd read on here that carbs make you retain water and reducing may help, which I quickly put into action by doing all other days 16:8 cutting both calories and carbs in breakfast cereals, also dropping the bread from my lunchtime sandwich the result was and is absolutely amazing, now as my Fastiversary approaches I'm a totally different person and in a great place mentally, physically and far more healthier all because of all the lovely members on this amazing forum far to many to name and obviously moogie for having the foresight to see a need in society and carorees for all her medical knowledge and nerdy stuff.
At the close of last year 8 month in I'd lost 50 lbs which made it half way through my journey, unfortunately my body has been rebelling and maybe a very long plateau!! I'm fine with this because it gives my saggy skin time to pull back. Lol
Also as the average weightloss is 1lb per week my losses are bang on the average ish, and yes I'm still learning having read carorees advice to Debs last week I'm trying something different because "mixing" it up all last year worked very well for me as my poor body had no idea what was coming next.
Thank-you to all of you for your help and encouragement along my very enjoyable weightloss journey and yes onwards and downwards for the other 50lbs.