My experience
12 Feb 2013, 15:10
Hi to everyone, this is my first post on the forum, but I have been doing this WOE since 3 August 2012 - I started by combining fasting with a 1200 calorie a day diet. I was very highly motivated, and as part of the 1200 calorie restriction, I also eliminated as much sugar as seemed feasible, and tried to eliminate as much snacking as I could achieve. This was very effective, and i lost 2 stone in 9 weeks, but I found it very restrictive and after reaching that milestone, I relaxed the regime, aiming at, but sometimes exceeding 1400-1500 on eating days and sticking to the 5:2 500s. Weightloss slowed significantly and after 9 weeks I still had 5 lbs of the next stone to lose, so I moved to 4:3, and allowed myself a little more on eating days. That had a dramatic effect and I reached 18 stone in around 2 weeks. I relaxed a bit over Christmas, but did fast on some days, and was back to 18 stone by 7 January - where I am now still afterover three weeks, because I found fasting when it was really cold very difficult and my discipline has slipped a bit. I want to get back to fasting 4:3, and hopefully to losing more weight as the spring gets hold. I also plan to add cycling to my minimal exercise programme of dog walking and occasional swimming. I don't know if my experience sheds any more light - I hope so.