Erm...I could possibly have been going the longest on these forums, since I started this WOL on 27th Feb last year. But people like Brad Pilon (author of Eat, Stop, Eat) has been practicing IF for about six years (google him, he's an interesting guy. His website is referenced in The Fast Diet).

I didn't start IFing because I wanted to lose weight, although I suspected I'd lose the kilo or so I added over the previous Christmas, but I wanted the health benefits.

The kilo very quickly went and I just kept losing weight - I ended up losing about 10kg, destroying the myth about middle-aged spread in the process.

So I've been maintaining my weight at around 9st 2-4 since November. I find I have to consciously eat more on my feeding days - otherwise, I would indeed, carry on losing weight!

I don't see myself giving up this regime - for interest I do 6:1 with a 'mini-fast' later in the week - I feel energised and I'm in the best condition I've been in for many years. I love these forums (and the threads on Mumsnet) where everyone helps everyone else - and I'm blown away by some of the stories of people rediscovering themselves that I read.

I've been blogging about my experiences, and the research I've come across, on my blog if anyone is interested.

BTW, you can imagine my delight in August last year, when Dr Mosley's programme validated all that I'd read and what I was practicing. :D :D

Best wishes, B&W