The FastDay Forum

Inspirational Weight Loss Stories

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Yo-yo'd with my weight
07 Mar 2013, 10:18
It is so good to have others as our role models and to have the support of other fasters here.
Like many (I suspect) I've yo-yo'd with my weight, losing a fair bit in 2011, but putting half of it on in 2012.
I've always kept a food diary when on my 'diet' and I started a new diary in 2103, recording my weight - and my goal, too.
Then I tried to lose weight the 'convential way'.
Here are some of the things I wrote:

Tues 8 Jan - Hmmm, wasn't quite the 1000 cals I aimed for yesterday, was it?
Wed 9 Jan - Can I lose 2 stones this year? If I'm determined, then yes.
Sun 13 Jan - Thought I might have lost this week.
Wed 16 Jan - Are the scales stuck? (yes I did write that!)
Sat 19 Jan - going to try this fast thing.
Tues 22 Jan - what! I'm putting it ON?
Wed 23 Jan - now you're talking!
Wed 30 Jan - it's working!
Weds 6 Feb - bring it on (as you see, I'm very motivational with myself)
Weds 20 feb - very pleased!
Sat 2 March 2.5 lbs to not being obese
Today - you CAN do it!

I realise it has to be for LIFE now - and hub is also doing well. We've both lost 12lbs each so far.
It may not be inspirational, but it is certainly aspirational! With the support of hub, the help of this forum, the calorie counting of My Fitness Pal (and a trusty notebook and pen), I CAN do it.

Edited to say I seem to be Billy No Mates on this thread. Come on, post some more please....o

Today, reached 'not obese' and my BMI changed on the tracker from red to amber. Phase 1 completed.
Now for phase 2. BMI of 25, here I come.
Re: Yo-yo'd with my weight
16 Apr 2013, 08:57
That's awesome, well done you! I love your motivational notes to yourself!
16 Apr 2013, 13:37
Wahoooo! That IS great - and inspiring to me! I have done 3 fasts and am hoping to lose about 20 pounds in all, though it may take me longer as I am not obese. This diet came at the right time as I was headed to obese - with (of most concern to me after measuring) a 40.5 inch waist - I am no where near 6 ft 9 in tall (thank the Lord!). So that is where my focus on measurement is going to be. Keep giving updates, please!
16 Apr 2013, 17:58
20lbs gone so far, which is an amazing 10% of my starting weight.
The going is slow, but steady and we seem to have settled into a routine of eating and weight loss.
Looking back through my diary, my first entry reads, 'Goal: 12 stones' I am now 11 off that so that the goal has shifted. It's now 11 stones (154lbs) which will put my BMI firmly in the healthy range.

Some recent diary entries have read;

Fri 8th March. Hm, had a midnight sandwich, but still 1lb off. Fast today.
Wed 13 March need fibre....
Thurs 14 March despite the fasts, don't think I'm destined to be under 13 stones by Easter - or any time.
Tues 18 March stick at it today
Sun 24 March slow, but going
Thurs 28 March 13 stones. Not under, but there!

Wed 3 April WOW! 12.12 3/4 Amazing!
Mon 7 April, had to get on the scales twice to check. 12.11 1/2
Tues 8 April... fibre
Sat 13 April good day..but woke at 12.30 and had night munchies. Not good. Not good at all.
Today still 12.11 1/2 wonder if the scales are stuck
16 Apr 2013, 18:34
He he, you write down the same things that I say out loud. I'm also known to curse and kick my scales. :confused:

Congratulations on your loss and for not giving up when the scales were stuck and for being such fun, even while dieting!!! :oops:
6 posts Page 1 of 1