Have lost 20 pounds
20 May 2013, 18:37
And I only started last month!

I was over 100 pounds overweight (now I'm about 85 pounds overweight). I did the 5:2 combined with working out and also calorie tracking my normal days so that I didn't go over...

I did get sick with a lung infection from allergies one week, so I didn't fast or work out and even ate fast food (I seemed to pig out one day, not have much of an appetite the next, so I think I didn't really go over calorie wise, but I certainly didn't fast.)

Workout wise, I did an increasing challenge where I started out doing a certain amount of squats, crunches, push ups, jumping jacks, dumb bell curls and planks every day, with some rest days.

Even so, I found out when I went to the doctor today that I lose 20 pounds in my first month on the 5:2.

I do think this has to do with the fact that I had SO MUCH to lose, plus the fact that I was working out a lot. In addition, I'm an American who just moved to India and was already losing simply because the food is more healthy (less chemicals, genetic modification, antibiotics in meat, etc) but this is still dramatic. The first four and a half months I was in India I lost 13 pounds. In just the one month since starting the 5:2, I lost 20! It will probably slow down, but I'm very encouraged!

When I started the diet my weight was 265, now my weight is 244.8. A normal bmi for me is 159, and I'm aiming for 150 to give myself "wiggle room". My next goal is 219, because the smallest I've ever been at an adult height is 220. Because of losing 20 pounds in one month, I'm hoping to reach 219 (another 25 pounds lost) in three months, which seems realistic. If not, then by the end of November when a friend who won't have seen me since I started losing comes to visit.

Oh, and just to be clear, I didn't really start the 5:2 to lose weight. I wanted to lose in general, but like I said I already was losing. I mainly started the 5:2 for the other health benefits, and figured if it helped me lose, great... I did NOT expect these results!!