The FastDay Forum

Inspirational Weight Loss Stories

2 posts Page 1 of 1
5:2 works!
14 Jun 2013, 01:52
I decided to add to the inspirational stories due to recent comments on the board about 5:2 not working. I think there are a lot of us who are just quietly going about our business, happy to be getting lighter but not necessarily feeling the need to make a big deal about it. :smile: And we know that if we do hit a snag, there are lots of friendly wonderful people on this forum ready to offer advice and support. :heart:

I have been doing 5:2 for thirteen weeks now and have lost 12.5 kg (about 25.5 pounds?), so roughly a kg each week. I have not felt in the least deprived or restricted, and I have noticed that my eating habits have become healthier. I use MyFitnessPal as a food diary - initially I started it because I wanted to see what my daily calorie consumption was, but I discovered I like how it makes me more mindful of what I eat because I have to log it. Consequently I have pretty much totally stopped snacking, and I realise that was a big factor in me piling on the kilos in the first place.

I still eat my favourite things, including chocolate and cake, and enjoy my favourite wine, just not all the time. I eat roughly to my TDEE on feed days, except I have one day (usually Saturday or Sunday) where I have anything I like and just ENJOY. That definitely is the attraction of 5:2 for me and the reason it has worked so well - it fits into my lifestyle and I don't have to jump through hoops to get results. AND it's sustainable long-term. There would not be much point in losing all this weight and then returning to the lifestyle that caused the weight gain in the first place.

A huge thank you to Moogie and the other mods for this wonderful forum - and all the members too of course - this weight loss has not cost me a cent, everything I needed I found right here. This place rocks and 5:2 WORKS! :like:
Re: 5:2 works!
14 Jun 2013, 02:09
Welcome to the forums, AiriR!

I'm so glad it's working so well for you and you're so pleased! That's fantastic progress and definitely imho you hit the nail on the head in describing why this diet is so much easier :-) :like: It's for sure the reason I've been able to stick with it!
2 posts Page 1 of 1