I thought I'd post this for those of you who want to lose a relatively small amount of weight. Middle age spread crept up on me and after the long winter and hiding in the warm by the fire, I weighed myself and discovered about 5.5kg had appeared. I don't know when I last weighed myself but I knew my jeans were tighter than they had been. I found this forum inspiring and the users very helpful.
I knew I needed to lose about 5.5kg and thought I'd give it a go. After the first day (which wasn't fun or easy) I found it quickly got easier and my appetite soon reduced. As the weeks went on I could go without breakfast and then without lunch and now manage to get to tea time before eating. Now on my non-fast days I can easily last til lunchtime. I have never been on a diet or counted calories before (what a pain calorie counting is !).
I eat fairly sensibly on "feast" days, and certainly don't pig out ! But I do like a slice of cake or a bit of chocolate and a glass of wine or two (or three). I don't run or go to a gym but am fairly active - I live on a hill and have dogs to walk ! I intend to get to my target (I don't know why I chose 60kg, a nice round number I suppose !) and then hopefully maintain at that weight - I bet that's another story !
So I reckon anyone can do this - just be sensible and give it a go. :oops: