The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

8 posts Page 1 of 1
1st fast day
03 Jul 2017, 16:53
I started today with my first ever fast day
And I have no struggled as much as I thought I
Would of so far so good
My doctor recommended this to me on sat
Morning she has said I need to loose 2st
In 6 months as I have had to have some bloods done for diabetes
And I am so tired all the time ,so here goes for 6 months see how I can
Get on and see how much weight I will loose
Re: 1st fast day
03 Jul 2017, 22:45
Welcome Merlin!!!

Best of luck. This really has helped so many people :-)
06 Jul 2017, 06:35
Welcome @mysticmerlin

How did your first fast day finish up? Your goal of losing 2 stone in 6 months is about the expected rate of loss for 5:2, so I hope that works out for you.

If your blood tests do show you are diabetic, then do check again with the doctor about how you best manage fast days. I think we have some advice about this in the LEARN pages of this website, so have a read of those too. In general, have a good read around all those pages, plus discussion topics of interest in the forum - lots of useful info to be found,

Please keep us posted on your progress and raise any issues you would like feedback on.

Good luck and best wishes :clover: :smile:
06 Jul 2017, 08:57
My first attempt at fasting today too. So far so good. I hope this is a lifestyle choice I can sustain because I need something to help with weight loss :)
06 Jul 2017, 11:53
Welcome also @fejupp!

As I suggested above, please do have a good read through the LEARN pages as there are lots of tips to help make this way of eating a success for you. Fast days can be a challenge but most people find they can manage them okay. You don't have to make changes to what you eat on other days, but most people take the opportunity to improve their diet on those days too - don't try too many changes at once though. But do consider joining the challenge!

Good luck and best wishes too :clover: :smile:
06 Jul 2017, 13:34
Welcome @Fejupp!
06 Jul 2017, 15:06
Onto 2nd fast day and I am doing very well,
Lost 4lbs so far ,that is great for me
07 Jul 2017, 08:11
Welcome @Mysticmerlin and @Fejupp. I wish you both every success. You are among some very helpful people here. Enjoy
8 posts Page 1 of 1