The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

2 posts Page 1 of 1
2 stone in 6 weeks
16 Sep 2016, 22:11
Hi all

Well this is my storey. Six weeks ago I weighed 18 stone, the heaviest I have been in my life, so having come off holiday I decided to give dieting a go to lose some weight now I am 40.

A little bit of googling and I came across the fast diet. I searched the engine and found a story I liked, so I adapted my diet to this guys 5:2 plan.

For me on the fast days which was mon and fri it started out with a stick of celery for breakfast, a carrot for lunch and a weight watchers ready meal for tea ++++++++pints and pints of water. I cut out all my coffees, probably 12 cups,a day and limited this to one as a treat at around 11am.

I took myself off for a walk on a lunch time and walked around 3,700 steps per day every day.

On the other consecutive days I continued to have the stick of celery for breakfast, carrot for lunch but ensured I had a full tea at night for the consecutive 5 days. This could either be spagetti bolognise, chilli con carne or anything else you fancy. Just make sure you have it at 6pm to fill your appetite.

Then if I felt Hungary, it would be a glass of water and then bed. If your asleep you ain't going to be Hungary.

I weighed myself every day and have continued to lose pound after pound. I also went on holiday, weighed myself before the break at 16:4, came back and i,was 16:10.

I was determined not to,let it go so I back on the fast diet from the 5 day break and lost the 6lbs I had gained.

I weighed myself today and managed to break the 15's weighing in at 15:13.

This diet really does work and I can't believe how good it is.
Re: 2 stone in 6 weeks
16 Sep 2016, 23:11
Hi Jellybelly and welcome!

I'm a bit confused by your plan. Are you fasting every day? You do realize that you are supposed to be eating "normally" on a non-fast day - which means about the amount of calories you would need to consume just to maintain your weight. It sounds like you are eating only one meal a day every day. It sounds like you're really taking it to the extreme, which is why you're losing so much weight.

Just so you know, you're allowed to eat more. You need to learn how to lose weight safely, eating healthy food so that you'll be able to maintain the loss when you're done. I would strongly suggest at least allowing a lot more veg and fruit into your life. Rather than simply a carrot, why not have a whole salad with some dressing and a bit of lean protein? It will surely fill you up without adding too many calories :-)
2 posts Page 1 of 1