The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

7 posts Page 1 of 1
2 weeks in to ADF
21 Apr 2016, 14:42
Hi all! I'm almost 2 weeks in to ADF and am really having no trouble with it. I see most people are doing 5:2 or 4:3 and are getting great results. I have never had an issue with keeping a goal once I've set it, so I'm hoping that ADF works well for me.

I am not a fad dieter, I've only ever done a low carb diet before and lost 40 pounds on it, but i didn't feel good and the weight has started creeping back up. So I'm hoping ADF can help me lose 20 of those pounds I put back on, plus 10 or 15 more to get me down to the weight I was before I had my second child.

For my fast days, I eat one meal, usually as much food as I can fit into that 500 calories, and I eat it around 3pm. I drink water the rest of the day to stay hydrated and keep me from getting hungry. On my feast days, I still only drink water with the exception of tea in the morning. I eat normally, no splurges, just normal meals I usually eat with my family.

I have found that this lifestyle is teaching me a lot about what I really need when I feel hungry. Usually a tall glass of water fixes me right up, and I have no issues. I love the feeling of going to bed the night of a fast day and being excited that I made it thru and that I get to eat the next day. Lol!

Anywho, thanks for the awesome support system you guys have! Look forward to sharing journeys with you!
Re: 2 weeks in to ADF
21 Apr 2016, 20:26
Welcome @Kazoodles from another ADF'r!

:smile:
21 Apr 2016, 20:29
Welcome kazoodles! Yes you cant beat that feeling of finishing a fast and repair day
and looking forward to food the next day. I always wake up feeling so much better next morning too! X
22 Apr 2016, 05:23
oh please
22 Apr 2016, 13:41
Im glad it's working for you, @Kazoodles. I'm in maintenance now, but if I start getting out of control on non-fast days, I often switch to ADF for awhile to sort myself out. I haven't needed to do that for awhile, though, thankfully. I always find it to be a bit relentless eventually. Even just 1 extra day off a week (4:3) I find more sustainable (for me).
22 Apr 2016, 15:42
piper wrote: oh please

I'm sorry? Please what?
22 Apr 2016, 23:11
Sorry @Kazoodles. It was late and I think I was wishing I felt like that. Good job!
7 posts Page 1 of 1