The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, Im just starting to think this might be a great idea.
Im 56 and feeling old, fat ( 15s 12lbs) and although already started on Slimming world think that this could be the way forwards for me, I think I can still follow both with some minor changes.
I am hoping there might be someone similar to me who has either already been doing it some time or is in the very early days.
Im sure there is lots of support on the forum so I will be a frequent visitor anyway.
Mandy;o)
I agree buddying up is very very supporting.
I'm sure someone will pop along soon and join you.
Thank you
I thought I would post a little history, as I said I'm 56 and was feeling every one of those years until recently. I was diagnosed with anaemia and vitamin B12 deficiency and treated but still felt exhausted ALL the time and my days were getting shorter and shorter as I was going to bed earlier and slow to get up in the morning.
About a month ago I started following Slimming World and am now feeling better in myself than I have for...probably years (anaemia and B12 crept up on me) and although I am not losing huge amounts of weight because of how I am feeling I am happy following it and think I can incorporate it into fasting two days a week (I think Tuesday and Wednesday might be my good ones)
Ive been looking at the 500 calories I can eat on those days and wanted opinions.

Breakfast (250 calories approx)
35g Oats
100g Fat Free Yoghurt
100ml Almond Milk
100g Fruit (usually Blackberries/Blueberries)

Lunch (105 calories)
300 ml Almond Milk
1 banana

Dinner (105 calories)
300 ml Almond Milk
1 apple 65 calories

Bed time Drink (40 calories)
300 ml Almond Milk

Mandy;o)
Welcome @Mandy;o) from another old-timer :clover: Best wishes for your fasting journey, hope another newbie catches your post.
Welcome @Mandy;o). Glad you found us. I could't have done it without the support on the forum,
I'll be your buddy! I'm 53, I weigh 164, have been dieting for 25 years!
6 posts Page 1 of 1