The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

4 posts Page 1 of 1
weightloss stalled
24 Jan 2014, 05:06
Great to learn all this useful information, thanks so much for posting.
I'm a Brit living in the States, and I have to tell you the 5:2 is really starting to take off here now.
Anyway, I do have a question about my personal 5:2 progress.
I started in October, and have done well, loosing 12 lbs in total, mostly in the first 6-8 weeks. Major bonus was no gain over Christmas and New Year [including a trip to Vegas and a Vegas buffet!]
But I have now come to a complete weight loss standstill, no loss for 3-4 weeks.
I am 155 lbs, and should be 145-149 to reach the higher end of healthy BMI.
I am 50 years old, 5'5' female, and fairly active. I power-walk/run 3 miles every weekday morning, and chase after my 2 teenage kids.
I do 5:2, Mondays and Thursdays. I eat 200 calories at around 7.00 am, and 300 at around
6.00, so an 11 hour 'fast'. When I started I only had black tea and water during the 11 hours, now I take a dash of milk in tea, [the black tea was to harsh on my stomach], and 1-2 cups of chicken stock drink, each only @ 5 calories.
Any advice on how to shift those last few lbs? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Re: weightloss stalled
24 Jan 2014, 09:21
Hi idealloser & welcome to the forums. So glad you have been doing so well until recently. This is such a common problem, you seem to be on a plateau, and here's why that might be happening:

not-losing-weight-f27/5-2-diet-weight-gain-t1006.html

Have you entered your details into the progress tracker, in the ribbon above? It will give you a suggested TDEE, so you can check your intake on a feed day a couple of times, maybe using an app like Myfitnesspal, to see if you're in the ballpark.

Apart from that, it may just be a matter of keeping on doing what you're doing, and being patient, because the weightloss will eventually happen.

Good luck!
24 Jan 2014, 09:31
:heart: Hi @idealloser Well I can relate to this myself at this moment in time so as I've just read the famine subject @CandiceMarie has posted have a read of that.
My only other advice is reducing your carb intake this kickstarted my weightloss last year when I thought I'd hit the dreaded plateau. :clover: Best of luck :clover:
24 Jan 2014, 11:30
Hello idealloser it may be that your weight loss has slowed because you only have a small amount of weight to lose! Perhaps you also need to check your TDEE on your feast days because that should also reduce as you have lost weight. Congratulations on sticking with it & on the weight you have already lost, just don't give up now when you are so near your goal weight :smile: Do also read CandiceMarie's post about the famine reaction that is very helpful.
4 posts Page 1 of 1