Discovering What I Hope Works
13 Apr 2018, 01:34
I’ve been keto for over 3 years now, and what I’ve noticed is that I’ve been maintaining. My goal is to get and maintain my goal weight or size and I’m giving the 16:8 protocol a chance. I’m wrapping up week 2 and my first goal is to fit into my Tory Burch white jeans that have been hanging in the closet since I bought them about 4 years ago. Isn’t that a shame? I would buy clothes in hopes that I’d “diet” down to fit them; crazy making at its best.

I’m pretty busy at work, so I don’t miss breakfast. I used to eat my keto breakfast (bacon and eggs) and skip lunch, now it’s the opposite. I stop eating at 8:00 p.m. My sleep pattern is crazy right now because I’m weaning myself off of decongestant sprays. That stuff is lethal. It causes insomnia and since I’m still going to menopause (62 years old), that affects my sleep as well and I was taking Trazodone to assist with keeping me asleep. I’m still waking up too early, but as I continue with my fasting protocol, my body will respond in kind; in time. When I do sleep all night, it’s a good, deep sleep. Takes time to regulate and I’m sure this will.

So, I’m new here and hope to share some progress soon.