The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Enter Stage Right: Hello!
12 Mar 2016, 05:56
Hello!

I'm a 25 year old member of the male species. I'm trying to find an ongoing way to maintain a healthy weight.
1.75M Tall
~ 75Kg

I should say here that I'm not currently overweight in terms of BMI, but I was an overweight kid who lost around 15+Kgs while being depressed in his later teen years. (Depression can have some perks I suppose!)
My lowest weight was around 63.5kgs, but once the funk ended, it started to creep back on, despite efforts to calorie control etc.
I feel like I'm constantly trying not to put on the weight, but am gradually gaining it all the same.

While not officially (BMI wise) overweight right now, it's the trend towards obesity I want to get a handle on as it's always in an upwards direction. Probably at around 3kgs per year (and this is while I am *trying* not to overeat etc). So extrapolate forwards 10 years... yeah... Not good.

I have a fairly sedentary job, which doesn't help, but I do go for a 30 minute walk every day, and my average total daily steps is around 6,000. (I was doing the 10,000 for a while, but it made me hungry, and I ended up eating more calories than I was expending).
My comfortable/natural intake is around 2200-2400 calories, I think my normal intake is probably around 2,000 but at that, I am gaining still.

So restricted eating is failing me, as I struggle to consistently maintain a low enough intake for maintenance let alone for weight loss. I need a different way of approaching this because what I'm doing is clearly failing.

I'm not really too concerned about reaching a specific weight, I just want to establish an ongoing downwards trend, even if it's only a small one!

I joined the forum as I feel I need some peer pressure to keep on top of this and stick to it, especially because my partner is one of those people who is technically underweight and genuinely struggles not to inadvertently loose weight. (argh)

Anyway, that's my spiel!
Re: Enter Stage Right: Hello!
14 Mar 2016, 20:55
Anyone have a clue how these posts get lost? This one fell through the cracks 3 days ago!

Welcome @bracketcreeper !

Visualize us pulling you to becoming a better you. :-) Something like the old bumper sticker "Visualize whirled peas".

First off, visit the User Control Panel / Profile section to adjust the gender setting (which is defaulted to female.).

Second consider entering your daily stats into the Progress Tracker option here. It works quite well to identify trends in weight over a period of time. Everyone here works towards either flat line or a downward slope toward the right.

Many options exist for you here regarding either holding a constant weight, or losing some. Wander around a bit to check out the various Forum sections and see what resonates. Comments and questions where ever, whenever are welcome.
Re: Enter Stage Right: Hello!
14 Mar 2016, 22:12
Cheers, thanks!
3 posts Page 1 of 1