The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

8 posts Page 1 of 1
First day today
27 Oct 2016, 02:57
I had a great day today. First day fasting. Oatmeal around lunch and a salad for dinner. I think this is gonna work well. Steve
Re: First day today
27 Oct 2016, 18:39
Hi Steve, welcome to the forum! It's a bit quiet around here right now, things are up in the air, but know that we are a very friendly and helpful bunch. Here's a pdf I put together for a friend of mine that some people have found useful.
5-2 et al.pdf
5.2 basics
(590.6 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
27 Oct 2016, 20:57
Welcome to the club Steve, we can always use new blood. Hope things will work well. Keep us posted
27 Oct 2016, 23:10
Hi Steve

Great to hear that your first day went well - I wish you many more! I assume you are doing the standard 5:2? There are lots of ideas and tips on this site, even if it is quiet at the moment. Ferretgal's summary is great too. Do participate in the various discussion threads of interest.

Good luck and best wishes. :clover: :smile:
30 Oct 2016, 07:46
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your journey :clover:
30 Oct 2016, 21:04
Hello, Steve.

Oatmeal for lunch? I find that after eating Oatmeal that I cannot eat anything else for many hours and often get high blood pressure. It is a strange thing. Add caffeine into the mix and there goes my entire day.

Does it really help the fasting?
31 Oct 2016, 22:43
@Jessica Wright, what you eat on a fasting day really depends on you; I wouldn't eat oatmeal or any other cereal on those days... but then I hate oatmeal! If you are interested in my food choices on light days, see the pdf I posted above. Summary is I emphasize protein and fat, and only fruit/vegetable carbs. (I do not limit carbs on normal days.) I find that carbs like bread and cereals are both too calorie dense and appetite stimulating for light days.
01 Nov 2016, 16:33
ferretgal wrote: @Jessica Wright, what you eat on a fasting day really depends on you; I wouldn't eat oatmeal or any other cereal on those days... but then I hate oatmeal! If you are interested in my food choices on light days, see the pdf I posted above. Summary is I emphasize protein and fat, and only fruit/vegetable carbs. (I do not limit carbs on normal days.) I find that carbs like bread and cereals are both too calorie dense and appetite stimulating for light days.

Thank you for the 5:2 pdf. :) I looked through the food on the list/s and realize that I can't keep up with half of it. I bought cereal today, but I don't eat it just for fun like youngsters do, but to keep my blood sugar in check. that is actually the same reason why I eat oatmeal. It's all a way to silence the demon called diabetes, lol.

I need to eat every 3 hours or else I start having mood swings due to low blood sugar levels. After 5 hours my hands often shake while interacting with people for a prolonged amount of time. The few times that I am able to fast properly are when I am alone in my room all day and don't interact with people much, if at all. When my blood sugar is low, the brain turns every conversation into a negative experience.

It's ok, I'll still try the 2 days a week fasting. We bought certain fruits and vegetables from the bazaar today, so it should be enough.
8 posts Page 1 of 1