The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello from Pennsylvania!
19 Jan 2016, 23:01
Hello everyone! Sending warm wishes.
I'm a 51-year-old Mom of three from Pennsylvania.
I've tried 5:2 before and probably didn't realize that THAT is what was keeping my weight down. Not sure why I stopped - but, here I am, heavier than I think I've ever been. I'm actually afraid to weigh myself - it depresses me and I want to just pour a drink and give up. So, I'm gauging my success on how my clothes fit and how I feel - that's what works for me. I cannot and will not be a slave to that dreaded scale - it has the opposite effect on me. It's not helpful at all.
Today is my first Fast Day in a long time and it feels really great! I was actually really looking forward to it yesterday.
Any advise/encouragement is absolutely welcome.
Thank you!
Christina
Re: Hello from Pennsylvania!
20 Jan 2016, 05:13
Welcome to the forums! How did it go today? If you can't bear to weigh yourself yet, try getting a measuring tape. This way you'll have some sort of concrete evidence of your improvement :-)
20 Jan 2016, 06:03
Hi Christina! Glad you are here! You sound like I felt when I started in here. I had lost a little weight, but was really thinking I would never be able to really get back to a healthy weight or attractive shape due to my age (64 at the time). But, I just started and it was not hard and I just kept going. I was doing zumba and walking, and I felt better. It was amazing. I not only lost weight, but lost inches everywhere, including my waist (which I thought was gone forever)! I didn't obsess about the scale either. I just kept going. I think Tracieknits gave you some excellent advice about using the tape measure to keep track of your progress. It is really more important and informative anyway. Best of luck! You can do it!
20 Jan 2016, 14:41
Welcome to the family and welcome back to 5:2 ! I agree with the others..yr tape measure is a much better friend and a far more honest indicator than the pesky scales! X
11 Feb 2016, 01:41
Hi good luck to you. im returning also after a year off. Been eating clean wholesome food lately and decided i wanted to fast again!!! im here in Virginia. did 24 hrs today. i too hate scale but clothes fitting better lost 15 pounds since December. i too am older 56, but just gonna keep going!!! :like: :like: :like:
11 Feb 2016, 02:39
:smile: Welcome back to this way of life, and to the forum. This worked for me last year, but I need encouragement and others for support. I am 69 and now believe that maybe I can get healthier. This is a very helpful site, and people are positive and help with questions. Keep us posted, and good luck. :clover:
28 Jun 2016, 09:37
ChristinaPennsylvania wrote: Hello everyone! Sending warm wishes.
I'm a 51-year-old Mom of three from Pennsylvania.
I've tried 5:2 before and probably didn't realize that THAT is what was keeping my weight down. Not sure why I stopped - but, here I am, heavier than I think I've ever been. I'm actually afraid to weigh myself - it depresses me and I want to just pour a drink and give up. So, I'm gauging my success on how my clothes fit and how I feel - that's what works for me. I cannot and will not be a slave to that dreaded scale - it has the opposite effect on me. It's not helpful at all.
Today is my first Fast Day in a long time and it feels really great! I was actually really looking forward to it yesterday.
Any advise/encouragement is absolutely welcome.
Thank you!
Christina

Hi im back did first fast yesterday. How r u doing?
7 posts Page 1 of 1