The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello
21 Jul 2014, 21:23
Hi everyone,
I am a 47 year old woman who 4 years ago had a gastric bypass surgery and lost 13 stone! Over the last year I have put approx 3-4 stone back on. Scales not working at the moment so cant be precise!
Anyway really need to relose the weight and also improve my memory as last year stated a degree course! So I have come to here!
Am going to start the 5:2 on Thursday as I need to sort out scales, and get organised. I assume I start with a fast day. Any advice appreciated. I would love to see some sample menus that people had when they first started.
XXX
Re: Hello
21 Jul 2014, 21:52
Hello and welcome.
Take a long look around the forum and read read read. There are many different ways of fasting but if you use the progress tracker it will tell you how many cals to have on a fast day and the others, good luck, measure everywhere and keep it simple.
Some have small meals up to three a day, but as you progress through your fasting life you may find that leaving all or most of your cLs till ten evening meal easier. This is because once we start eating we find it difficult to stop the hunger monster pangs. Some people shop having breakfast as it's usually full of sugary empty carbs.
So two fasts a week should be sufficient most do Mondays and Thursday to start with. But it depends what your life dictates, it's very fluid and adaptable,

Come back and let ins know how you're doing,

:heart:
21 Jul 2014, 21:58
Hi Amrac1 and welcome to the forum and fasting :grin: you've had a fantastic start to your weight loss.
As Carioates said many of us save our calories until evening and then have a substantial meal then. Lots of veggies and protein is a great way to fill up. Through the day I have tea coffee and sparking water.
When you start on Thursday come and find our fasting today thread. Good luck.
21 Jul 2014, 22:04
welcome, you will get far more for your calories if you stick to protein and loads of vegetables on fast days. 500 Cals can go a long way. Good luck, this forum should give you lots of info and motivation.
22 Jul 2014, 09:01
Welcome and as Carrioates says, read as much as you can on here and plan in advance what you are going to eat. Like most fasters I only eat in the evening for the same reason, as soon as I eat, I want to then eat all day, not good on a fast day. I would advise sticking to things like lean protein, NO carbs if possible on your fast day and lots of fluid. You can do it, it just takes a couple of fasts to get the hang of it all and then you will wonder why you never did this before. Good luck

Ballerina x :heart:
22 Jul 2014, 14:21
Welcome and congratulations on your initial huge success ! It's good that now you're finding you're regaining,you are addressing it..it wd be such a shame to keep going up instead of down wdnt it!X maybe starting Uni was stressful and thats where the regain began,but dont worry,you are getting back on track now! X
22 Jul 2014, 21:04
Welcome, @amrac1. I also only eat at night. Sometimes, if I am climbing the wall about 1 or 2pm, I will have a miso soup - you get them in sachets in the Asian food aisle of the supermarket. Lately I have managed without that. I try to get all the meal preparation done in the morning so at 6pm it is easy to throw dinner together. If I have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen in the late afternoon, I start to break out with handfuls of nuts and dry biscuits with butter - which is not good. So the other tips are: keep busy; drink tea when you feel hungry. And stay for the long haul. It's a way of life,(WOE) not a diet.
7 posts Page 1 of 1