The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Everybody!!
27 Apr 2017, 15:58
Hello everybody!
My name is Kristina and I live in Louisiana. Down here food is a LARGE part of each day! I was raised on the most unhealthy but delightful food. I have been practicing intermittent fasting 16:8 (eating window from 12 pm-8 pm) for about two months now. I've had pitfalls here and there but overall I love it. It allows me to closely monitor my calorie intake and redevelop a healthy relationship with food. I don't eat when I "feel" like it, I stick to my schedule. My schedule has helped me avoid emotional eating and help me realize my body's actual hunger pains instead of thirst or other emotions that are sometimes confused with actual hunger.

I am on a weight loss journey and I feel fasting will be my partner in getting to my goals. I have a vision to look different than I have ever looked before...now what number on the scale that will be? I have no clue but I'll figure it out once I get there! I have been plus sized all of my life and I am tired of being labeled and being restricted to only certain stores, an "online only" section or a small corner of a boutique with ugly selections. Also I am preparing my body and mind for future children to end the obesity curse in my bloodline that causes many many diseases I've witnessed most of my family members have and leave earth because of.

Anywho, thanks for listening to my background and I hope to get encouragement and knowledge from this forum as well as help anyone I can!

Sincerely,
~Kris :razz: :cool:
Re: Hi Everybody!!
27 Apr 2017, 19:42
Hi Kris @kmingo88 and welcome!

I think a lot of us credit intermittent fasting with learning what hungry actually feels like instead of "needing to do something like stuff an emotion or boredom"

I'm glad you have decided to take some action for your health and breaking the cycle of obesity and illness. Many of us are here for the same reasons! I with you tons of success :-)
27 Apr 2017, 21:54
Hi @kmingo88! Welcome aboard. Love your motives, especially intergenerational change. :smile:
28 Apr 2017, 10:15
Welcome Kristina @kmingo88

You sound like you are definitely on the right track and 16:8 is working well for you. I found that 5:2/fasting etc did educate me on the calories in different types of food, and portion sizes. In my trips to America I have found the portions very big, and they are trending that way here in Australia too. I still enjoy my non-fast days but try to keep the portions from being too big, and to listen to my stomach. Of course I often ignore it and still eat when full!! :oops: :grin: Ahh - but that's life and tomorrow is another day :like:

All the very best!
28 Apr 2017, 19:28
Welcome!! I have been on the fasting journey, experimenting with the different approaches (16:8, 5:2 and recently I have done one 36 hour and one 48 hour fast), and I seriously am enjoying it so much, I hope you do too.
I have lost 23lbs so far, right now it's going slow, but as long as it goes down, the rate at which it does, becomes less important. The fun part is when you start fitting in to smaller sizes.
Good luck!
5 posts Page 1 of 1