The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi new here & to 5:2
30 Sep 2014, 20:22
Hi I'm Lianne, 43 married & mammy to 6yr old girl!
Tried most diets over the years, wish I was the size I was when I 1st started as a teen (size 12).
I try to eat clean for health reasons, my 1st fast day was Monday & I actually really enjoyed it !

Have signed up for Christmas challenge.

Ashamed to say my BMI is 37 :frown: BUT I'm doing something about it!

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength Phil 4 v 13
Re: Hi new here & to 5:2
30 Sep 2014, 21:32
Hello again, Lianne. Your BMI is what it is and it's just useful as a baseline and to enable you to enter your data in the tracker and receive some guidance relating to your fasting.

I'm pleased to read that you had such a positive experience of your first FD and hope that your future ones are similarly trouble-free. If you have any questions, do speak up because this forum has lots of very experienced people who've been following 5:2 and/or other forms of IF for some time.

I hope that IF contributes to you achieving your health and other goals.

:clover:
30 Sep 2014, 21:37
Hi and welcome!
Good to hear you enjoyed yr first fast! :like: well done x
30 Sep 2014, 21:51
Welcome Lianne I'm glad you found fastday

Phil 4:13 is one of our family verses :smile:
30 Sep 2014, 22:59
Hi Lianne and welcome! My bmi was 36 and a bit 18 months ago and now its 28 and a bit. This WOE is life changing. Its not a fast way to lose weight but since it took me 13 years to get so large I decided if it takes 2-3 years to reach my optimal body composition then that's only fair. Its very sustainable as I can see myself doing some form of fasting forever. Get excited lianne because this really works and its free!
Xxx julianna
01 Oct 2014, 00:34
Welcome and good luck, Lianne.
01 Oct 2014, 11:24
Welcome, Lianne. You've found a good place to help you on your weight-loss 'journey'. Loads of advice, support and friendly chit-chat available right here! Julianna has some very good advice in her post - slowly on = slowly off, for long lasting results. This is not a speedy weight loss programme - it is a whole new Way Of Life (WOL)!

Good luck! Onwards and downwards! :smile:
01 Oct 2014, 12:17
My BMI was 46 and is now only 40. So I still have a way to go to catch up with you. There are people lurking who are heavier still.
Don't get despondent when you hear people have reached their target weight in only a few months. My tracker says 2019 (but I have slacked off for most of the year). If it takes till 20 19 for me, it is still sooner than never at all to reach my target weight.
01 Oct 2014, 13:24
Everyone is so friendly here!
01 Oct 2014, 19:53
Doesn't matter what your BMI is - it is but a starting point!

We are all at different points in our journey but we have a common purpose and are here to help each other along the way!

Hope you find all the support here you need

:clover: :heart: :clover: :heart:
10 posts Page 1 of 1