The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi
08 Feb 2016, 11:50
starting weight 15.8 I am Kim and start my new Wol today. Everything they passes my lips will be recorded. My daughter graduates in June and I want to look good in the photographs as they will still be here when I have gone! My fast days are Tuesday and Thursday. My aim is 2000 (my tdee) looking for lots of advice and maybe a fast buddy if there is anyone out there who would like to help. I live in Oxfordshire.
Good luck everyone
Re: Hi
08 Feb 2016, 12:05
Hi and welcome to the forums!! Best of luck and let us know if you have any questions. Reading through some of the posts, you're likely to find good tips you didn't even know you needed :-)
10 Feb 2016, 13:52
Hi, @Burley69, Sorry that you've not had many responses to your introduction. I expect your post got swiftly overtaken by newer ones but a slightly belated welcome from me!
I've been here since January '13 and, although my weight goes up and down, I keep going with the fasting and visiting the forum. I was at, or around, my target weight of ten stone seven for much of that time but in October decided to lose another seven pounds to try to get my waist size down to below half of my height. I managed to get down to ten stone about three days before I went off on a cruise, closely followed by Christmas and New Year, so you can imagine what happened! However, I am now firmly back on it and closing in on my ten stone again!
This Way Of Life (WOL) is just that, so I would encourage you to look beyond your daughter's graduation to adopting this as a permanent change. The average weight loss on this way of eating (WOE) is between half and one pound a week, although if you start off heavier then your average may be higher than that. There is a wealth of experience on this forum, so read around all the topics, join in with the posts and never be afraid to ask a question or for help.
Good luck from me on your weight-loss journey! :clover: :clover: :clover:
11 Feb 2016, 09:37
Hi @Burley69 and welcome from me too. I have been here on and off for three years and when I am on it it really works! Check in here regularly particularly on your fast days for lots of friendly advice and banter and don't be afraid to chime in on any threads that interest you - or start a new one if you see something interesting and want to share it. Good luck and happy fasting!
4 posts Page 1 of 1