The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

14 posts Page 1 of 1
I am back after 7 months break
01 Jan 2015, 18:58
Hi and A Happy New Year to all of you :smile: .
I am back after beeing here from February 2013 - June 2014.
I am Pia, from Denmark and 56 years young :wink: . I have been on 5:2 ( mostly 4:3 the first 9 months) and in the periode above I did loose about 32 kilo from 101-69 kilo. But unfortunately I gained a little :oops: till 76 so before it is back to start it is time for me to put the breaks and start again. :like:
I am happy to join in again and am looking forward to read all the threads .
Pia :heart:
Delighted to meet you, Pia. Well done for your original success and for recognising when you were increasing again, far in advance of the point at which you regained everything.

When you were successfully fasting, did you find it helpful to participate in the Fasting Today threads? If so, might you find that helpful again?

Did you regain a little because you stopped fasting or allowed yourself larger portions?

:clover: Good Luck for your reboot of this fasting lifestyle - and it's my observation that people who reboot have a good rate of success because they know what works for them and what doesn't. If you have any questions, speak up and I should think that someone here might be able to give you some useful suggestions or signpost you to a good source of information.
Hi Pia! Good to see you back! Why not go and post on the 'who's missing thread' as well?? As you are posting under a new name, people might not know it's you from the name on this thread! Why not just say 'it's Pia!' !!
Lots of former members returning, so you won't be just on your own. And you are still 25kg down on your original weight, so am sure you will drop down soon ...
Hi SSure and thanks :smile:
I think what went wrong for me was my focus... I simply lost it .. When I was on 5:2, mostly 4:3, I did not have any problems keeping up the track. No other exuses. I simply stopped fasting. And in big periodes I was binging.. Too much eating everyday.
Yes participate in the Fasting Today threads helped me a lot for sure, to read all the stories and the good advices and the spirit in here is so nice, warm and helpful, so I did not hesitate to come back at all :like: . Maybe I am not the biggest writer but I do read mostly all and put comments from time to time :smile:
Thanks for your welcome :smile: .

Pia
Thanks silverdarling :smile:
I couldn't remember my old name here, so I had to sign in as a new member .. I think it was "pist1958" but not sure :wink: .
I will look for the other thread and put a post :smile:
Pia
Where do I find this Who's missing thread?
Just to make the confusing complete :lol: ...
I found my old log-in as pist1958@
So I will use that instead..
welcome back @pist1048. I love Denmark.
Thanks sallyo.. :smile:

Yes it is a nice country.. At least I think so :razz:
Have you been to Denmark ? :smile:

Pia
Welcome back!! You did so well before, I'm sure you'll have no trouble getting back to where you wanted to be :-)
Welcome back @pist1958. I look forward to meeting you on the forum, very best wishes :clover:
Yes, I have been to Denmark. I was there in 1983. It was winter and it snowed in Copenhagen. It was the first European city I had been to and so it is my favourite. I thought the people were lovely, I adore the pastries, the coffee - after living in Japan for a year. We had bicycles as we were travelling around that way and had brought our bikes from Australia, to Japan and to Copenhagen. Riding a bike in Copenhagen beats riding a bike in Devonport! And lets not talk about Bangkok! Also last year, I fell in love with Denmark again when we saw Borgen on Australian television.
Hello there and welcome back to the fold from me.
Thanks a lot for the warm welcome to everyone of you :smile: I Can tell you for sure I am back on track for sure. I remember a lot of you from last time and I am sure I will get to know all the newbies too :smile:
Sallyo biking is normal here all over the country. It is easy to get around especially in the Cities . I use a bike for work most days so it is nice. I think for most people Denmark is a nice country although a bit expensive in some areas :smile:
I have never been to Australia even though I have family there for many years, maybe I should go one day :like: .
Wishing you all good luck for this new year to reach your goals .
I am ready for sure.
Pia
14 posts Page 1 of 1