The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

24 posts Page 1 of 2
Just joined as I thought I'd fit in here , kinda share my experiences and learn from others but on checking the forum as a whole I'm in the minority . I fast week day for 20 hours and eat during the 4 hour window ( 5pm to 9pm) .. I slack off a bit at weekend and drop down to 16:8 which is fasting between 8pm and 12 noon although by having dinner I kinda feel as though I'm cheating :)

I've cut out bread / cereals / sweets and toffees completely but I have potatoes or chips EVERY day .
I eat like a king and I'm content with losing just a pound a week .

I've lost 26b in about 4 months with just another few pounds to go ...

20 Nov 2016, 17:16
So many " apparent " views of my thread and all the others .

I'm thinking that all the stats are simply BOTS and the site is just a rue to get advertising money .

I'm off !
Please see my reply on the other thread.

20 Nov 2016, 19:56
Thanks for the replies ....

That said looking around the site it looks like a classic con just to get advertising money ..... Just check through the thousands an thousands of 'members' who join the very same day , day after day and yet NEVER ever bother to post even once .

Clicking on the section that shows members ONLINE it shows me and 7 BOTS .

All very suspicious considering the site is hampered so badly by all the bladdy adverts !!

20 Nov 2016, 20:32
@ZincubusAs it is less that 24 hours since your first post as far as I can see your rather robust posts seem a bit unnecessary. If you use an ad blocker you will find that a lot of the adverts disappear. I have recently disabled my ad blocker in order to help financially support the forum which I have found very useful and supportive in the nearly 4 years I have belonged.
If you search for the 'eating windows tent' and make a post there it will come to the top of the active topics and you may find you get more responses from people following the same regime as you. I personally do simple 5:2 which is a step far enough for me - my weight loss has been considerably slower that yours.
From the timing if your posts I think you are probably transatlantic. As this is a truly international site there can be a delay in people seeing your posts if they are in different time zones.
I hope these suggestions may help you to feel more welcome

20 Nov 2016, 21:00
Right ...... My first two attempts at posting this reply simply disappeared into the advertising wasteland .

The message says something about unable to load the server or something .... and it's a fault that keeps popping up - just THIS website though .

It's just ridiculous . No wonder it's so flamin' quiet .

20 Nov 2016, 22:18
Hi again @Zincubus

I have the same problem with loading a message - the first time I try to load I get the message about the server, but when I try again (I now ALWAYS make a copy of the post before trying to load) it works. I have let the site owner Moogie know, but things are difficult for her at the moment.

No-one else has mentioned this problem, so it may be a problem our end with our own internet and device and the way they interact with this website. I also don't get the problem with any other website.

I have been a member for several years and have seen no evidence of this being a money-making venture - quite the opposite I believe. Active members appear to be totally genuine; I have met a number of them. Yes, the forum is quiet - perhaps natural evolution with such things - but there are still quite a few people who do contribute from time to time, and have lots of experience to share.

There is a lot to learn from the "learn" section and reading through any discussion threads of interest.

Best wishes.
Even during the busier years the site was often quiet on the weekend because for many/most people it's not a fasting day.

By the way, your attitude/aggressive tone is not what we are used to on this forum so people perhaps read your post and can't be bothered to reply.
As regards the suggestion my attitude may be the reason for no replies ...
Doesn't really wash to be honest as my first , completely ignored post was a positive picture of niceness :)
As others have said, you really didn't give it much time. I actually clicked on it this morning and would've replied, but you were already complaining about no one replying before I had a chance!! People are busy and pop in when they can and sometimes they don't have time to post much, just view. I've been on the forum for over 3 years and find it very supportive. As someone else mentioned, there is an eating windows thread that is helpful. I've had no trouble posting messages either. Could be the type of device/browser you are using. But, if you are hoping for a very busy forum and instant responses, then you are right that perhaps this is not the place for you!

21 Nov 2016, 09:36
You're a peach, aren't you ? No wonder nobody answers with that kind of attitude. You can't come in a community and just criticise everything and let's not talk about your accusation of this site being a con... :bugeyes:

Good luck on your quest but I would suggest that you adjust your attitude. Wherever you go, you won't have answers without being friendly, diplomat and patient. :clover:
Re:
21 Nov 2016, 17:37
Manderley wrote: You're a peach, aren't you ? No wonder nobody answers with that kind of attitude. You can't come in a community and just criticise everything and let's not talk about your accusation of this site being a con... :bugeyes:

Good luck on your quest but I would suggest that you adjust your attitude. Wherever you go, you won't have answers without being friendly, diplomat and patient. :clover:

Attitude ???? As in my FIRST post .....????

It's also kinda telling that nobody is touching on the thousands of BOTS which apparently frequent THIS forum....

21 Nov 2016, 20:13
Hi @Zincubus There are quite a lot of people who have been visiting this site for several years and are very loyal to it. Apart from your first post you have done nothing but complain about us which doesn't help to enamour us to you.
Instead why don't you tell us about your experience of fasting. Did you plunge straight into 20:4 which must be pretty tough or did you gradually build up to it? You have obviously been very successful at losing weight. Why don't you fill in a tracker and make it public so others can see how you have progressed.Were you very overweight to begin with and are you now at or approaching a normal BMI? What sort of things do you have during your eating window.Can you share any recipes?Do you exercise? Do you look on this as a long term way of life and do you have any plans for maintenance when you reach goal. As I said previously I do not do anything vaguely as extreme as you do but I am sure there are people who would be interested in your story if you are prepared to share it.
Re:
21 Nov 2016, 22:24
Lil wrote: Hi @Zincubus There are quite a lot of people who have been visiting this site for several years and are very loyal to it. Apart from your first post you have done nothing but complain about us which doesn't help to enamour us to you.
Instead why don't you tell us about your experience of fasting. Did you plunge straight into 20:4 which must be pretty tough or did you gradually build up to it? You have obviously been very successful at losing weight. Why don't you fill in a tracker and make it public so others can see how you have progressed.Were you very overweight to begin with and are you now at or approaching a normal BMI? What sort of things do you have during your eating window.Can you share any recipes?Do you exercise? Do you look on this as a long term way of life and do you have any plans for maintenance when you reach goal. As I said previously I do not do anything vaguely as extreme as you do but I am sure there are people who would be interested in your story if you are prepared to share it.

Firstly , I should apologise to everyone for barging in like a bull in a china shop .... I'm kinda impulsive and have a short attention span ..... all part of being Aspergers ... I frequent many very busy forum websites all connected with my many obsessions . Using busy sites ensures fast replies and that's what I like and also what I'm used to .

When I found this forum I was over the moon but I soon fell down to earth ....

As regards my ' story ' ...

I am a naturally healthy and fit guy despite reaching 14st 9lbs at 5' 9" . ( 35 ibs overweight according to the BMi ). I don't exercise as a rule but every month or so I'll go on a 5 mile run just for the hell of it .

Soooooo I had a "well man's checkup " ....... All results were very positive but they raised the issue of my weight / age / diet suggesting that I was heading straight for type 2 diabetes ....

Had a chat with my brother in law who's had great success with 5:2 fasting .... I did some research and because of my "need" for routine I decided to go for the 16:8 option which suited my immediately

I cut out all bread / muffins / croissants / biscuits and sweets at the same time as swapping to 16:8.
I lost 15lb in the first 5 weeks but then I tried going from 9pm to the following 5pm and discovered that it was just as easy and in fact I felt even better in the afternoons !!

I then started eating more carbs each day - than I had been but in that smaller 4 hour window .and I currently lose around ONE pound a week which is acceptable as I'm down to 12st 10ibs already .

So ........ sorry guys and gals ....hope I'm allowed to stay if I behave ....

I'm more than happy to answer any questions or queries ...
Welcome!

My apologies that you don't like ghe ads on the site, however it costs money to run and the bills have to be paid somehow!

The forum was a lot more busy in its early days when 5:2 first became popular, which is when we had a huge surge in membership. Many members sign up for the tracker and don't post. Others sign up and don't stick around as happens on many forums.

The bots you see listed are primarily search bots, indexing the site. Some sites will simply list them as guests, I prefer to havd them ID'd so that if they ard slowing the site down with intense crawling, i can block them. Of course there is also the AdSense bot which monitors the site for any policy breaches (aka excuses not to pay ;) )

I have not been able to find the source of the error you mention, it seems to affect only one or two users and is intermittent. May I ask that you try another browser or device if possible and see if it happens then?

We may not be the busiest fasting site, but we are a supportive and close knit community, keen to help and have some fun. If you stick around I'm sure you'll see that :)
24 posts Page 1 of 2